Mostly Not Running Related
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mostly Not Running Related

MNRR is for runners, cyclists or whatever your sport. Pull up a chair, New members welcome!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Daily Workout Thread

Go down 
+6
Capt Awesome
Poppy Ott
Spunkybubbles5
Banana!!
Nazaretti
HonkyTonkRunner
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 1:46 pm

Nazaretti wrote:
Poppy Ott wrote:
Nazaretti wrote:
Poppy Ott wrote:
12 miles this morning.  66° and dripping wet humid, but still felt better than the 75° of the past few mornings.

Nazaretti - Weekly milage varies from 45 to 65 most of the year.  The weeks immediately before and after a race it drops into the 30's, sometimes lower. So far this year my average is 48 m/week.  

Wow, you must have great mechanics to be able to run that much!

Thanks!  But to be honest, I really don't know if I do or not.  Our LRS maintains a fine selection of running shoes, but is not equipped to do any sort of gait analysis.  I just try to remember what the coach told us in HS; 'Look ahead, not down,' 'Lead with your hips,' 'Pump those arms, you're not a statue!' 'Don't sway, run straight, you're not dancing out here!' That sort of thing.  Maybe some of it took.

Sounds like your HS coach kept it short and sweet!  From the "favorite quotes" thread - "To say in a paragraph what others say in a book.  To say in a paragraph what others do NOT say in a book." --Nietzsche

What were your events in HS?  Did you run in college, too?

In HS I ran the 800m relay and mile. Just average, and it wasn't a great time to be only average because across town at North Central HS Gerry Lingren was tearing up the track dropping records like mad, and at my school Rick Reilly was hot on Gerry's tail. I did real well in PE classes (PE was still a daily requirement back then), running against the rest of the do-I-really-have-to-do-this? class pack. The track coach was always on the look-out for new team members and I did try out for the track team, but the competition was tough and I wasn't quite fast enough to make the team. College — even tho I had a minor in PE, for some reason track wasn't part of it. I don't remember why, maybe because interests changed.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 7:12 pm

Nata since yoga. . I now have a ice pick stabbing type of pain in my right knee.
Back to top Go down
https://nrrishere.forumotion.com
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 7:36 pm

HTR -

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 7:40 pm

Anotherrun wrote:
HTR -

Crying or Very sad

It's a shame because I was more relaxed after the class than running. Now, I'm uptight from not getting a workout in. Mah..time will heal it.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 10:13 am

6 miles on the local roads this morning. Sunny, about 70F, low humidity - nice!
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 12:29 pm

61 degrees and overcast this morning. I ran 6 miles on the local rail-trail, got home shortly before the rain began. The dogs sure don't care for thunder!

This is the first time in quite a while that I've run 3 days in a row, we'll see how I feel tomorrow morning about going for 4.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 2:10 pm

Took a week off running, and got back at it this morning. 67° but felt much cooler. Had a reasonably good run, considering I ache hurt from the hips down, the result of intensive home remodeling this past several days. 8.35 miles.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 4:39 pm

Poppy Ott wrote:
Took a week off running, and got back at it this morning.  67° but felt much cooler.  Had a reasonably good run, considering I ache hurt from the hips down, the result of intensive home remodeling this past several days.  8.35 miles.

It's not home remodeling, it's cross-training!
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 5:46 pm

Nazaretti wrote:
Poppy Ott wrote:
Took a week off running, and got back at it this morning.  67° but felt much cooler.  Had a reasonably good run, considering I ache hurt from the hips down, the result of intensive home remodeling this past several days.  8.35 miles.

It's not home remodeling, it's cross-training!

drunken
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 12:28 pm

6 miles on the rail trail this morning. 81 degrees and sunny, with a nice breeze. This brings my weekly mileage to 24, the most I've run in a week for 2 years.

I'm entered in a local 5K next Saturday, wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 6:39 pm

Nazaretti, that's great. Good luck!
I ran 4 on Sat. 6 this morning. No races in the immediate future. Maybe later this summer. Then that HM in September.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 11:01 pm

Rest day. The day before my 3 hour mountain hike I did a high endurance workout at gym for 2 hours.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 10:21 am

Ran in a local 5K this morning. Sunny, low 60s, although hotter on the asphalt streets. I forgot to turn off my watch at the finish (as usual), but my time was around 23:35. Just made my criterion for respectability - age-grading of 70 or over. Now nursing a calf cramp - good excuse not to mow the lawn today!
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 10:46 am

I haven't run since last Sunday due to combination of it's just TDH, and not wanting to give the cold I have been fighting any excuse to get worse. Tomorrow it is supposed to be a little cooler; looking at the forecast, seeing it could be 'only' 72° at 3:30 am and thinking, 'At last, it's cooling off!' is bizarre. It would be better than the early morning 82-85° of the past week, though, so I might get a few miles in tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 1:02 pm

Wow Naz. Good job! 70% huh? Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 1633857410 in my book, that is OUTSTANDING!
I just finished week 5 of an 18 week HM training plan. This week was 4,3,4,5 mile runs. And that was plenty for me. Very Happy It was a cut back week. Next week is 4.5, 3, 4.5, 7. Ugh! I know, I know. It's just harder mentally when I know I have committed to something. My step daughter is to blame! Take care gang.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Poppy Ott wrote:
I haven't run since last Sunday due to combination of it's just TDH, and not wanting to give the cold I have been fighting any excuse to get worse.  Tomorrow it is supposed to be a little cooler;  looking at the forecast, seeing it could be 'only' 72° at 3:30 am and thinking, 'At last, it's cooling off!' is bizarre.  It would be better than the early morning 82-85° of the past week, though, so I might get a few miles in tomorrow morning.

And not even summer yet - that's just nasty! But I am sure Corinth, Mississippi has many fine features that make up for the weather.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 2:41 pm

Anotherrun wrote:
Wow Naz.  Good job!  70% huh?  Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 1633857410  in my book, that is OUTSTANDING!
I just finished week 5 of an 18 week HM training plan.  This week was 4,3,4,5 mile runs.  And that was plenty for me.  Very Happy   It was a cut back week.  Next week is 4.5, 3, 4.5, 7.  Ugh!  I know, I know.  It's just harder mentally when I know I have committed to something.  My step daughter is to blame!  Take care gang.

Thanks. I've never run more than 9 miles at a time, so your half marathon will top me!
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 5:33 pm

Nazaretti wrote:
Ran in a local 5K this morning.  Sunny, low 60s, although hotter on the asphalt streets.  I forgot to turn off my watch at the finish (as usual), but my time was around 23:35.  Just made my criterion for respectability - age-grading of 70 or over.  Now nursing a calf cramp - good excuse not to mow the lawn today!

Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 624633195

Today, I did step aerobics in my home and yoga.

BTW- I broke a rib when I took a bad fall when I was hiking. The 2 gashes on my face have healed. It's going to take 6 weeks to heal.
I literally got body slammed on a rock and didn't think much of it until about half hour after it happened and just blew it off thinking I was just sore.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 8:05 pm

HonkyTonkRunner wrote:
Nazaretti wrote:
Ran in a local 5K this morning.  Sunny, low 60s, although hotter on the asphalt streets.  I forgot to turn off my watch at the finish (as usual), but my time was around 23:35.  Just made my criterion for respectability - age-grading of 70 or over.  Now nursing a calf cramp - good excuse not to mow the lawn today!

BTW- I broke a rib when I took a bad fall when I was hiking. The 2 gashes on my face have healed. It's going to take 6 weeks to heal.
I literally got body slammed on a rock and didn't think much of it until about half hour after it happened and just blew it off thinking I was just sore.

scratch Typical runner self-evaluation, not that I would know anything about that. Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 400751894 Heal quickly, HTR!
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 8:47 am

HonkyTonkRunner wrote:
Nazaretti wrote:

You almost seem accident-prone, HTR. Story of your life?

I went out early today and put in 6 miles on the rail-trail. Lots of runners, walkers and bikers beating the heat, even a bicycling policeman! A days rest cured the post-race calf cramp.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 7:11 pm

Just this one time was an accident. My first bad fall. All other pains are just happening, or a long-term athletic lifestyle catching up with me. Can also be genetics. My arthritis of the spine is not from injury.
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 8:52 pm

4.5 mile run tonight. Brutal.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 9:07 pm

Hoping tomorrow morning is cooler, less humid. Anything less than 65° qualifies as cooler, and less than 90% humidity would be really nice.
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 8:57 pm

XT tonight. GS was here. I got a lot of squats done.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 5:35 am

Anotherrun wrote:
XT tonight.  GS was here.  I got a lot of squats done.

That extra 30 pounds makes a difference, be careful of your back!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Daily Workout Thread
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next