Mostly Not Running Related
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mostly Not Running Related

MNRR is for runners, cyclists or whatever your sport. Pull up a chair, New members welcome!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread

Go down 
+2
Spunkybubbles5
Nazaretti
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread Empty
PostSubject: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 7:14 pm

Looks like Muhammad Ali will be the next on the dead celebrities thread.
He's in ailing health in hospital with his family by his side.  No
CBS Evening News

Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread Muhammad_ali_quote

Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread 13f9ded2dba867af1c1c9129cd21d1b7

Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread 548c6f5eecafebcdc83440ddbad14a11
Back to top Go down
https://nrrishere.forumotion.com
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 8:23 pm

^^. That is sad news.

“If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it—then I can achieve it.” #MuhammadAli
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 7:16 pm

Looking around the house, making remodeling plans is fun. The results are enjoyable. It's that middle part . . .
Back to top Go down
RSX

RSX

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 9:47 pm

Boxing was fun to watch during his era, and he was huge on camera. No one was better at PR than him, and he was entertaining in and out of the ring.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 7:38 pm

Anotherrun wrote:
^^. That is sad news.

“If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it—then I can achieve it.” #MuhammadAli

Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread 2970043785
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 7:39 pm

Poppy Ott wrote:
Looking around the house, making remodeling plans is fun.  The results are enjoyable.  It's that middle part . . .

The work is, um, fun too.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 7:41 pm

I'm thinking about buying the Copperfit thing for my knee. I'm going to google reviews and the price.

I'm a bit skeptical about buying products from 1-800 numbers that are not sold in stores.
I have had bad luck with some.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 2:30 pm

I've decided not to buy Copperfit.

http://www.highya.com/copper-fit-reviews
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 3:51 pm

HonkyTonkRunner wrote:
I've decided not to buy Copperfit.

http://www.highya.com/copper-fit-reviews
I don't know what that is.  Will have to look it up.
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 3:59 pm

HTR. I have an injured wrist from the great garden transplant of 9/2015 Sad
I have been to the dr. twice. OT once. (too expensive for little machine to roll across my wrist.)
used some homeopathic oil concoction my daughter made me. (it did feel and smell good for temporary relief) the wrist is probably at 80% now. I do use aspercreme on it some nights. my problem is most likely inflammation in a little channel where the nerves run through. (this old brain can't remember the medical terms right now.) so anyway... after all those dr. visits. I am still using Ibuprophen and aspercreme for the best results. modern medicine.

short story is, I hope you find some relief soon!
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 10:49 pm

Anotherrun wrote:
HTR.  I have an injured wrist from the great garden transplant of 9/2015 Sad
I have been to the dr. twice.  OT once.  (too expensive for little machine to roll across my wrist.)
used some homeopathic oil concoction my daughter made me.  (it did feel and smell good for temporary relief)  the wrist is probably at 80% now.  I do use aspercreme on it some nights.  my problem is most likely inflammation in a little channel where the nerves run through.  (this old brain can't remember the medical terms right now.)  so anyway... after all those dr. visits.  I am still using Ibuprophen and aspercreme for the best results.  modern medicine.

short story is, I hope you find some relief soon!  

Thank AN. When the pain gets unbearable-arthritis of the spine, tendinitis, carpal tunnel syndrome and now the knee, I use a prescription of Meloxican 15 mil, the highest dosage. It's a strong ant-inflammatory. It's bad for the kidneys but this is my only relief. Ibuprophen just doesn't work. But I will try aspercreme because I don't take this med. daily as prescribed by the doc.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 10:53 pm

I had a nice weekend retreat in NJ. No TV, and turned off the phone.
I hiked a mountain for 3 hours and practiced a lot of meditation. I love it! i have a great book that I actually fell asleep to.

I'm going to try to keep these relaxation methods at home during, work, every day life. I didn't realize how stressed I was until I did this 3 day retreat. I stopped waking up in the morning with a racing heart beat. When this happens I do my breathing and my thoughts of peace. It really works! I love it.

Unfortunately I returned home to find out about the horrific terrorist attack.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 5:58 am

HonkyTonkRunner wrote:
I hiked a mountain for 3 hours and practiced a lot of meditation. I love it! i have a great book that I actually fell asleep to.

I'm going to try to keep these relaxation methods at home during, work, every day life. I didn't realize how stressed I was until I did this 3 day retreat. I stopped waking up in the morning with a racing heart beat. When this happens I do my breathing and my thoughts of peace. It really works! I love it.

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your aches and pains, meditation has very few adverse side effects!
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 5:31 pm

Nazaretti wrote:
HonkyTonkRunner wrote:

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your aches and pains, meditation has very few adverse side effects!

Lol! How true it is!
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 9:06 pm

Strawberry Moon tonight. Full moon on summer solstice. Special to you?
I will peek at it, that's it. I do get geeked up about meteor showers, got some good pics of the lunar eclipse last year. I have been known to go out to see the ISS fly over. The local weather gal keeps us up on all things skyward.
One of my favorite night time viewings was of Perseid? meteor shower with my girls when they were probably about 10-12 years old. We took our blankets out on the deck, laid on our backs and Watched for meteors. After thinking about that memory, I will go look at the moon tonight. Smile
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 10:50 pm

Anotherrun wrote:
Strawberry Moon tonight.  Full moon on summer solstice.  Special to you?
I will peek at it, that's it.  I do get geeked up about meteor showers, got some good pics of the lunar eclipse last year.  I have been known to go out to see the ISS fly over.  The local weather gal keeps us up on all things skyward.  
One of my favorite night time viewings was of Perseid?  meteor shower with my girls when they were probably about 10-12 years old.  We took our blankets out on the deck, laid on our backs and Watched for meteors.   After thinking about that memory, I will go look at the moon tonight.  Smile

I missed this post. Indeed it is!

Nice post AR.

Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 10:53 pm

Exhausted from planning and running around for my daughter's party on Sunday. Tomorrow I'm making baked ziti. The rest of the food is catered and my DH's friend is bringing a couple of trays. Pulled pork and sausage and peppers. Both I don't eat.

Tomorrow still working on party and we have been working in the yard a lot. I planted more flowers than usual and started a new garden. Lots of watering.

I have to get a manicure tomorrow and I'm hoping to get a short on time, but better than nothing run in.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 6:59 am

HonkyTonkRunner wrote:
Exhausted from planning and running around for my daughter's party on Sunday. Tomorrow I'm making baked ziti. The rest of the food is catered and my DH's friend is bringing a couple of trays. Pulled pork and sausage and peppers. Both I don't eat.

Tomorrow still working on party and we have been working in the yard a lot. I planted more flowers than usual and started a new garden. Lots of watering.

I have to get a manicure tomorrow and I'm hoping to get a short on time, but better than nothing run in.

A busy weekend! The party menu sounds great, please FedEx me the leftovers.
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 3:38 pm

You must have a graduate?  Sounds like a nice party HTR. I hope you have a good day.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 5:03 pm

Nazaretti wrote:
HonkyTonkRunner wrote:

A busy weekend!  The party menu sounds great, please FedEx me the leftovers.

There are lots-had to freeze a tray of ziti. The BBQ pulled pork was a hit. We had great weather-80, sunny-no humidity.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 5:05 pm

Anotherrun wrote:
You must have a graduate?  Sounds like a nice party HTR. I hope you have a good day.

Thanks AR. It was nice. Too bad it has to be a special occasion for a big "family" gathering. Everyone is always so busy.
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 8:36 pm

Same here for the big family gathering.  There are just so many of us.  It is an event in itself.  I get together with my sisters pretty regular, but not the brothers or the nieces nephews.  We are having a big family wedding this weekend though.  My niece is getting married, outdoor at a large lake resort.  Should be real nice.   We do have an annual bbq end of July.  For no other reason than, well, bbq.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 6:21 pm

Anotherrun wrote:
Same here for the big family gathering.  There are just so many of us.  It is an event in itself.  I get together with my sisters pretty regular, but not the brothers or the nieces nephews.  We are having a big family wedding this weekend though.  My niece is getting married, outdoor at a large lake resort.  Should be real nice.   We do have an annual bbq end of July.  For no other reason than, well, bbq.

The wedding sounds wonderful! Post some pics!
Enjoy! flower
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 7:19 pm

So my neighbor has taken to asking me how far I am running when he sees me heading out.  (He is a friendly, un creepy 81 years young dude who is my DH's bud). Well this weekend he had a friend there with him.  When I said 8 miles, they did some mumbling and then the other guy whom I don't know, says, " is that what your Fitbit says you are doing?"  What????  Was he yanking my chain or just being a geezer?  (Asked with geezer respect.).   I just kept going.   Still makes me chuckle though.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 6:02 pm

^ Cute.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next