Mostly Not Running Related
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mostly Not Running Related

MNRR is for runners, cyclists or whatever your sport. Pull up a chair, New members welcome!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Dare Thread

Go down 
+3
Anotherrun
Spunkybubbles5
BIS
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Spunkybubbles5

The Dare Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 9:35 am

If your brave enough to be a part of this thread then get ready to do some dares. You have to post pics or videos or you completing the dare.

(This is my attempt at fulfilling Poppy's request of starting a wild thread. Lol)
Back to top Go down
RSX

RSX

The Dare Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 9:57 am

Spunkybubbles5 wrote:
If your brave enough to be a part of this thread then get ready to do some dares. You have to post pics or videos or you completing the dare.

(This is my attempt at fulfilling Poppy's request of starting a wild thread. Lol)

Good luck with that as I don't even do that on FB. Are there many of us left?
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

The Dare Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 12:03 pm

Ya'll should get the double dog dare app. It's fun!! I've done some wild dares on there. Lol
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

The Dare Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 3:14 pm

um. I am here. not very daring. Even less optimistic about public pictures.
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

The Dare Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 3:33 pm

What if I move this thread to the members only forum?
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

The Dare Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:27 pm

I can't remember the last time I did anything on a dare. I'm not sure I ever have. I can, however, think of something I definitely would not do, Double Dog or not. Not going anywhere near any of those glass-floored walkways suspended hundreds to thousands of feet in the air. Don't care how thick the glass or how safe they supposedly are, uh-uh. Absolutely not!
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

The Dare Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 9:06 pm

Lol Poppy. I hear ya. I would never jump out of a plane or go bunjie jumping. That's where I draw the line.
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

The Dare Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 9:38 pm

Come on, Someone dare me to do something!!!!! Let me show ya'll how it's done!!
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

The Dare Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 8:20 am

I'm not about to dare anyone to do something dangerous or stupid, but silly is okay.  I think it was in Ken Kesey's Sometimes A Great Notion that one of the characters wonders how a beer milkshake would taste.  A beer milkshake sounds truly awful. So there ya go.  Have a beer milkshake. The Dare Thread 1378972199
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

The Dare Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 8:41 am

Poppy Ott wrote:
I'm not about to dare anyone to do something dangerous or stupid, but silly is okay.  I think it was in Ken Kesey's Sometimes A Great Notion that one of the characters wonders how a beer milkshake would taste.  A beer milkshake sounds truly awful. So there ya go.  Have a beer milkshake.  The Dare Thread 1378972199

Crap! Normally I would do anything, but since I'm a recovering alcoholic who hasn't had a sip of alcohol in 26 years I'd kinda hate to ruin my sobriety on this. Lol Can we make it a milk mustache?

And I agree about the dangerous and stupid. The dares have to be silly and non sexual.
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

The Dare Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 8:44 am

I wonder if there is a way for moderators to control Karma points or add dare points to the profile count? Wouldn't it be fun to post a dare and say it's worth like 5 dare points then see who all would be willing to do it?!
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

The Dare Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 8:58 am

Spunkybubbles5 wrote:
I wonder if there is a way for moderators to control Karma points or add dare points to the profile count? Wouldn't it be fun to post a dare and say it's worth like 5 dare points then see who all would be willing to do it?!

May not happen today, but I'm on it!
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

The Dare Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 8:59 am

Spunkybubbles5 wrote:
Poppy Ott wrote:
I'm not about to dare anyone to do something dangerous or stupid, but silly is okay.  I think it was in Ken Kesey's Sometimes A Great Notion that one of the characters wonders how a beer milkshake would taste.  A beer milkshake sounds truly awful. So there ya go.  Have a beer milkshake.  The Dare Thread 1378972199

Crap! Normally I would do anything, but since I'm a recovering alcoholic who hasn't had a sip of alcohol in 26 years I'd kinda hate to ruin my sobriety on this. Lol Can we make it a milk mustache?

And I agree about the dangerous and stupid. The dares have to be silly and non sexual.

Dang, I knew that! Sorry. Okay that dare is withdrawn, and I'll go back to dreaming something up.
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

The Dare Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 3:36 pm

I have a picture at home on the ipad of me standing on the glass window ledge at Willis (Sears) Tower in Chicago. Will attempt to share it tonight.. I know it's not my dare. I am just going to Dare Poppy to look at the picture. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

The Dare Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 4:07 pm

I dare you to wear a Hillary t-shirt to a trump rally.

Hmmm, that might be dangerous. Instead....

I dare you to take the costco 10 dollar food challenge.

The Rules:

You must spend at least 10 dollars at the costco food court on food (not beverages) and consume the entire meal within 1/2 hour. You can pick whichever items you like.

There you go!
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

The Dare Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 4:14 pm

Anotherrun wrote:
I have a picture at home on the ipad of me standing on the glass window ledge at Willis (Sears) Tower in Chicago.   Will attempt to share it tonight.. I know it's not my dare.  I am just going to Dare Poppy to look at the picture.  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Many years ago my wife and I visited Toronto, and among other sights we we went up the CN tower. The views out the windows didn't bother me, but there are some glass windows set into the floor. The view is straight down. I didn't notice them at first, but when I walked across one I got all queasy, nearly fainted and we had to leave.

I have no idea how this phobia developed. I have gone on hikes where the tnree-foot wide trail is bordered on one side by a several hundred-foot shear drop, and the other by an equally high cliff. No problem. When I was 17 I climbed to the top of the State Capitol building in Des Moines Iowa (this was back in the days when an individual could go almost anywhere), and the last phase of the climb was on a suspended staircase that could have been the inspiration for the nightmare staircase in the Twilight Zone movie. Didn't bother me a bit. Don't think I could do either now.
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

The Dare Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 4:20 pm

BIS wrote:

The Rules:

You must spend at least 10 dollars at the costco food court on food (not beverages) and consume the entire meal within 1/2 hour. You can pick whichever items you like.

There you go!

I accept this challenge! Except can it be from a mall food court or Wal-Mart food? I don't know if we have a Costco here. I'll have to look. Also can I do it this weekend?

I think we all should do it and see who completes it first and vote on who did the best.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

The Dare Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 4:22 pm

BIS wrote:

The Rules:

There you go!

We don't have Costco here, but Sam's Club is virtually indistinguishable so the food court is probably the same. I'm not sure I could move after tackling that challenge. In fact I know I couldn't finish the challenge. Ten bucks would almost buy two full pizzas.
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

The Dare Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 4:32 pm

Aww come on Poppy! Do it with me!! Don't be scared!!!
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

The Dare Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 5:55 pm

My bad.  It'd DH's feet in the picture.The Dare Thread Image10
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

The Dare Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 5:57 pm

And, no, I couldn't eat 10 in SAMs club food court. I have had the 1.49 sundae. It is huge.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

The Dare Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 6:00 pm

Anotherrun wrote:

Pictures like that don't bother me. Just glad it's not me standing there. The Dare Thread 1378972199
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

The Dare Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 6:03 pm

I'm working on my strategy. The cost of individual pizza slices works out to more than the cost of buying a whole pizza . . . I just might be able to pull this off.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

The Dare Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 7:00 pm

BIS wrote:

The Rules:

There you go!

How far are the restrooms?
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

The Dare Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 7:01 pm

Anotherrun wrote:

Aarrgh! Delete delete delete! I do NOT like heights at all!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Dare Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Dare Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next