Mostly Not Running Related
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mostly Not Running Related

MNRR is for runners, cyclists or whatever your sport. Pull up a chair, New members welcome!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Daily Workout Thread

Go down 
+6
Capt Awesome
Poppy Ott
Spunkybubbles5
Banana!!
Nazaretti
HonkyTonkRunner
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 4:14 pm

Two one mile loops at the pond trail. Was hot and sticky. The trail we wanted to run, park was closed for a major city reclyrama we had to go with plan B. My husband did well. We ran together and chit chatted the whole way. I came home and ran an additional 5.5. Depending on the weather if we choose to race next weekend. So tired of this heavy air and sweating profusely. I am taking tomorrow off from running. Our oldest GS is spending the night tonight. It is supposed to turn cool tomorrow. Big storms rolled through this afternoon. A couple of tornadoes north and west of us. Been watching the weather for a few hours. Chatty here. Can't sigh on RW. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 6:54 pm

Anotherrun wrote:
Two one mile loops at the pond trail.  Was hot and sticky.  The trail we wanted to run, park was closed for a major city reclyrama we had to go with plan B.  My husband did well.  We ran together and chit chatted the whole way.  I came home and ran an additional 5.5.  Depending on the weather if we choose to race next weekend.  So tired of this heavy air and sweating profusely.   I am taking tomorrow off from running.  Our oldest GS is spending the night tonight.  It is supposed to turn cool tomorrow.  Big storms rolled through this afternoon.  A couple of tornadoes north and west of us.  Been watching the weather for a few hours.  Chatty here.  Can't sigh on RW.  Oh well.

Glad to hear hubby did well.
I've had trouble signing on to RWOL, too.
The storms are due here Sunday night, should be nice on Monday and Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 8:24 pm

10.3 miles this morning, in between heavy downpours — not by design, it just worked out that way. Actually, I was rather hoping for a rain-run because it is so miserably hot and sticky.

My mom and brother came with us from Iowa so they can see the grands; the little ones grow so fast. Son #2 and family came over Thursday night and just left, Son #1 and family will be here next weekend.

Son #2 usually runs with me when we get together, but he said it was too hot. 'Ridulous,' iirc. He said it has cooled off some in Chattanooga, and that the better tempos have brought out so many runners the greenway where he runs is almost too crowded to run.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 10:50 am

A quick 3 miles around the block this morning, then in to watch the Olympic marathon. Kipchoge looked superhuman, a very good run by Rupp, spectacular performance by Ward, looked like Meb's breakfast burrito disagreed with him.
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 9:44 pm

Time to revive this thread. Very Happy

I've got myself back to 5 days a week running. Trying to keep it around 25 miles a week. Seems to be a good fit for me right now.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 9:02 am

Poppy Ott wrote:
4.5 miles at the HS track.  Some plain miles with 200 - 400 - 200 - 400 - 200 at speed sammiched in the middle.

Good job on the speed work! I pretty much avoid speed work during the summer months, but I need to get back into the Wednesday treks to the HS track now that it appears to be cooling off.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 12:19 pm

A short 4 miles on the rail-trail this morning.

I embarrassed myself on Tuesday by tripping over a rock and falling on the trail. Scraped up the back of one hand and arm pretty well. A few passers-by were alarmed at the amount of blood (lots of running means a high hematocrit!) and helped out with paper towels and wet wipes. Still sore, but on the mend and no sign of infection.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 12:20 pm

6 miles on the rail-trail this morning. The weather has broken, no more 80 degree days in sight for a while. I did 3 miles on local roads yesterday to see if my stubbed little toe was healed. It did not throw off my stride so I did the 6 today, again with no apparent ill effects.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 1:04 pm

Glad the tie is better. Hope you have healed from your trail fall, too, Naz.
Weather has improved here as well. It was 50° when I ran this morning, right in that perfect range. 6 miles for me as well, two at 8:10mm, approximately 5k pace.
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 1:22 pm

I'm planning to run tonight. It's so gorgeous outside but windy. 4 on the treadmill is my goal.
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 7:33 pm

I ran outside again today! Two days in a row. Woo hoo. It was pretty windy, but sunny and like 58 degrees. Nice run. 4 miles at average pace of 10:47.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 6:22 am

Anotherrun wrote:
I ran outside again today!  Two days in a row.  Woo hoo.  It was pretty windy, but sunny and like 58 degrees.  Nice run.  4 miles at average pace of 10:47.

Sounds ducky! Being outside is a major reason why I run. Wind is tough, especially if it is gusty instead of a steady wind you can lean into as if it were a hill.
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm

Did some P90X!!
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 2:09 pm

I went to the gym at 5:30am to do a Cardio Pump class. It wasn't that bad getting up
Early to do that afterall. I may actually do it again sometime. Smile
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 6:49 pm

A quick 4 miles at a local park. Sat on the grass and stretched for a half hour.
I feel good.
Back to top Go down
https://nrrishere.forumotion.com
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 11:08 am

4.75 miles this morning. On the road now to Chattanooga for HM Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 2:37 pm

Have a great race, Poppy!
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 5:45 pm

Poppy Ott wrote:
4.75 miles this morning.  On the road now to Chattanooga for HM Sunday.

Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 624633195
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 4:26 pm

5 with intervals of speed. 1/2 Pilates and 1/2 yoga.
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 4:52 pm

3.25 mile run. Crud is lifting. Still so much snot. No then a Little yard cleanup. Put away the lawn chairs. So sad.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 7:36 pm

Anotherrun wrote:
3.25 mile run.  Crud is lifting.  Still so much snot.   No  then a   Little yard cleanup.  Put away the lawn chairs.  So sad.

Are you sick AR?

yeah, I've put the summer things away. But, I love to decorate for autumn. Planted mums all over the place.
The last of the outdoor planting... No
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 EmptySun Oct 16, 2016 1:51 pm

Yeah,I have a cold, going on day 8. Feeling better, but not great. So much congestion.
Ran 3 miles but it was a suffer fest. My lungs were not good today.
Mums are so cheery! My roses and a Hibiscus have been blooming like fools as well.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 6:29 pm

6 easy with hills
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 6:33 pm

Anotherrun wrote:
Yeah,I have a cold, going on day 8.  Feeling better, but not great.  So much congestion.
Ran 3 miles but it was a suffer fest.  My lungs were not good today.  
Mums are so cheery!  My roses and a Hibiscus have been blooming like fools as well.  

Kudos for you running 3 and toughing it out.

Some of my summer plants are still blooming.

It's funny how you mentioned your Hibiscus. My tree grew so huge this year, thanks to diligent watering and feeding, I pruned it and brought it indoors to go dormant.
Of course we prepped the soil to be ant free.

Because they are bit on the pricey side I decided to give it a shot of bringing it indoors.
I'm getting all different caring tips. But, so far so good. The real test will be when the wood burning stove is in full roar and zero humidity in the house.
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 7:01 pm

SRD.  But two new pair of shoes I had ordered, arrivedDaily Workout Thread - Page 8 Image16
. Woo hoo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Daily Workout Thread
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next