Mostly Not Running Related
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mostly Not Running Related

MNRR is for runners, cyclists or whatever your sport. Pull up a chair, New members welcome!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Daily Workout Thread

Go down 
+6
Capt Awesome
Poppy Ott
Spunkybubbles5
Banana!!
Nazaretti
HonkyTonkRunner
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 5:06 pm

Yesterday 7 with hills. Today rest. I don't want to push myself and tomorrow I'll be in NJ on a small mountain running trails. I don't intend to get tripped up and slam into a stone wall again. My rib is healing nicely.
Back to top Go down
https://nrrishere.forumotion.com
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 9:08 am

6 miles on the rail-trail early this morning. It is shaping up to be a hot and humid week, I will cower in the air conditioning as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 7:47 pm

4.6 mile run.  Hot.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 9:40 am

6 miles on the rail-trail early this morning, I felt pretty good. On the way back I stopped by a gas station for a can of diesel - my tractor ran dry in the middle of the annual meadow mowing yesterday evening.
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 8:10 pm

"Annual meadow mowing."  Do you scare up a lot of kritters?  I remember the baby bunnies when my brothers baled hay.  
8 miler this morning.  It was torture this week.  I was tired.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 12:03 am

Anotherrun wrote:
"Annual meadow mowing."  Do you scare up a lot of kritters?  I remember the baby bunnies when my brothers baled hay.  
8 miler this morning.  It was torture this week.  I was tired.

I don't see many mammals, maybe because the grass is so tall. My main concern is the red-winged blackbirds that nest in the grass - I hope most of the young are up and out by the time I mow.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 9:39 am

A strong line of thunderstorms came through yesterday evening, leaving 1.1 inches of much-needed rain and a cool, clear, low-humidity morning. I took advantage with 6 miles on the local roads.

Did anyone see the Men's 5,000 meter final at the Olympic Trials last night? What a strange race!
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 4:45 pm

4.6 miles, and a little recovery yoga.  My lower legs have been bothering me during the night.  I may get out the foam roller tonight as well.  Turkey burgers fresh dug potatoes and green beans for dinner.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 5:46 pm

I finally hit my first double digit in a long time. On my running retreat weekend I went mountain running. I did have a break at 8 miles waiting for a possible thunderstorm to pass.

I've realized the intense stretching is helping a lot.
Back to top Go down
https://nrrishere.forumotion.com
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 9:43 pm

5 miles tonight.  

Nice miles, HTR.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 10:40 am

6 miles on the rail-trail this morning in cool, cloudy, very humid conditions.

I've never run more than 9 miles at one time, can't imagine double digits on mountain trails.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 2:43 pm

It's been hard to work up the enthusiasm to run in this heat/humidity, but so far I am managing to stay ahead of my 2016 in 2016 goal. Tue - 9.2, We'd - 10.2, Thursday - 6.3, this morning - 7.75.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 7:06 am

Taking the weekend off. Pulling invasive plants with the local watershed association this morning, treating my grandson and his parents to a Thomas the Tank Engine outing Sunday morning.

Has anyone else had trouble with malware on this board recently? I couldn't get past it yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 9:18 am

8.4 miles this morning.

I haven't had any malware problems. I mostly check via an iPad, if that makes any difference.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 7:25 pm

8.5 miles this morning, 50.3 for the week.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 10:03 am

6 sweaty miles on the rail-trail this morning. Got home and couldn't find my visor, must have driven off with it sitting on top of the car. Again.

Poppy - That's a big week, are you on track for your 2016 in 2016 goal?
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 10:39 pm

Thursday, bike 10ish- Mackinac Island, Friday, ran 5- back roads of northern Wisconsin, sat 6 miles-back roads again, tonight 3 miles.  Still on track with my training plan. HM is 8 weeks out.  Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 3230819915
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 10:29 am

Great weather - upper 60s, sunny, low humidity. Did my usual 6 miles on the rail-trail.
Can't resist posting this pic of my grandson and me getting off the train Sunday.
Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 Img_2011
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 10:12 pm

^^. That's quite the adorable picture there.  

5.1 miles tonight.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 10:14 am

6 early miles on the rail-trail this morning, brings the week's total to 24. Now back in the air conditioning.

Anotherrun - Are you prepping for your first-ever half?
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 6:31 pm

Nazaretti, It will be my 6th half. The last one was 2 years ago, m/l. I have run the Borgess half marathon Kalamazoo, mi 3 times, all at about 2:23:xx. My HM PB is 2:17:xx at the park2park half in Holland. The Sept race is near Appleton, WI.. I haven't seen an elevation chart yet. Fingers crossed. I struggle to get in enough mid week mileage. Doing better at it this go round, but still pretty low mileage overall. My "future plan". Typed with a smirk, is to maintain at the 20-30 weekly mileage range most of the next 10 months and then when I retire, I hope to be able to run more consistent miles and make a run at a new personal best. And, shhh, it's a secret, I really want to train for a marathon in fall 2017. Today, I Ran 10.15 miles Slow, Also, I just had to reset my password on this site. I am going to start a new thread. I have questions....
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 9:23 am

Anotherrun - I am filled with admiration for you! I cannot imagine running for 2 hours.

6 miles on the rail-trail this morning. My legs actually felt peppy for the first time in ages. I think it's because I finally resolved some difficult issues on my wife's and father's estates, that have been preying on my mind. If any of you have IRA's, I'd advise you to make sure they all have named beneficiaries.
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 9:54 pm

Nazaretti, THANK YOU! After my 10 miler on Sunday, I have been feeling really down this week. I have been so tired and worn out from that run and probably the heat and life. Your words made me smile. Anyway, this week was supposed to be 5 , 3, 5 miles. I have done 2.5, 3. Will do the 5 tomorrow morning. (Positive speak hoping I will actually complete 5).

Not really sure why I decided to run that first HM. But oh well, we had an empty nest, what else to do with 2-2.5 hrs? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 31, 2016 7:08 pm

Naz, glad to see you finished up some business regarding the estates. Sorry, I missed telling you that last week. And thank you for the IRA beneficiary advice. I am going to a retirement seminar at my place of work, US Government retirement system, in September. My gal in HR, just basically told me the same thing, to put down some names so they know who will be collecting. Of course, that will be in 46 years or so. I plan to reach 100! Hahaha....

I did another 10 mile run today. 10.05 at 11m/m pace. Started really feeling tired at about mile 8. An some good rolling hills. I also started a strength routine this week. You do 20 exercises for 30 sec each. It was in this months RW magazine. Feeling it in my glutes. No golf this weekend, it was rainy. Coming week has 5, 3, 5, 8 mile runs scheduled, Sounds great!
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 31, 2016 9:28 pm

Nice run, AR! Comparing your list of the 28th and today's, it seems you got your running mojo back. Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 2970043785

I ran 10.3 miles this morning. 187 miles, or some such, for the month. I honestly don't remember right now, the log book is downstairs. and DW and I are watching A Walk In the Woods. And occasionally texting. TTFN!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Daily Workout Thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Daily Workout Thread
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next