Mostly Not Running Related
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mostly Not Running Related

MNRR is for runners, cyclists or whatever your sport. Pull up a chair, New members welcome!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Dare Thread

Go down 
+3
Anotherrun
Spunkybubbles5
BIS
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RSX

RSX

The Dare Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 4:53 pm

Poppy Ott wrote:
Anotherrun wrote:
I have a picture at home on the ipad of me standing on the glass window ledge at Willis (Sears) Tower in Chicago.   Will attempt to share it tonight.. I know it's not my dare.  I am just going to Dare Poppy to look at the picture.  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Many years ago my wife and I visited Toronto, and among other sights we we went up the CN tower.  The views out the windows didn't bother me, but there are some glass windows set into the floor.  The view is straight down.  I didn't notice them at first, but when I walked across one I got all queasy, nearly fainted and we had to leave.

I have no idea how this phobia developed.  I have gone on hikes where the tnree-foot wide trail is bordered on one side by a several hundred-foot shear drop, and the other by an equally high cliff.  No problem.  When I was 17 I climbed to the top of the State Capitol building in Des Moines Iowa (this was back in the days when an individual could go almost anywhere), and the last phase of the climb was on a suspended staircase that could have been the inspiration for the nightmare staircase in the Twilight Zone movie.  Didn't bother me a bit.  Don't think I could do either now.

I was there on a baseball w/e years ago. My friends had no problem walking on that thing. I was barely sitting on it and I saw all these kids run across it. I went back there a few years ago with my wife and walked across a couple of times.

1 other trip years before both we were outside the top part and Snowbirds kept flying by (Canadian AF). It seemed like they were at or near our level. Next day 1 of them tragically crashed during the air show.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

The Dare Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dare Thread   The Dare Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 7:44 pm

I guess I'm boring. Or, don't quite understand what the dare is about. The Dare Thread - Page 2 773079333
Back to top Go down
https://nrrishere.forumotion.com

The Dare Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2