Mostly Not Running Related
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mostly Not Running Related

MNRR is for runners, cyclists or whatever your sport. Pull up a chair, New members welcome!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you thinking now?

Go down 
+4
BIS
HonkyTonkRunner
Poppy Ott
birdwell
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Spunkybubbles5

What are you thinking now? Empty
PostSubject: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 6:59 pm

I wonder if I can make it home without having to stop to go to the bathroom.
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 11:04 pm

I wonder if we will get rain this weekend. The plants could use it.
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 11:11 pm

BIS, where are you located? You don't have to tell me the exact state of you don't want. I'm in New Mexico so we're always needing/wanting rain. Lol
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 11:14 pm

We live in CA Bay area during the week (for work) and near Jackson, CA on some weekends.
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 11:17 pm

Oh ok, nice
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 11:20 pm

I see that you are in the souther part of NM. Have you been to Mesa Verde State park? It is in CO just across the northern state line. One of my favorite places.
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 11:21 pm

No I haven't. I'll have to check that place out someday.
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 11:24 pm

You get to hike around some of the cliff dwellings. Very cool.

What are you thinking now? Mesaverde2-800w

Last edited by BIS on Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 11:29 pm

Oh wow! Those almost look unreal!! I went hiking at the cliff dwellings here near Silver City, NM just 3 weeks ago. They didn't look as cool as the one's you posted though.
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 11:32 pm

Love the whole area. Bryce and Zion parks are amazing as well. I have always liked the desert. Death Valley in the spring is amazing too when the wildflowers are blooming.
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 11:35 pm

This forum doesn't have like buttons does it? I was wanting to "like" your last post.
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 11:38 pm

What are you thinking now? Deva-2005_super_bloom_700
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 11:40 pm

Beautiful
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 11:40 pm

Maybe HTR can get us a like button. :cheers:
Back to top Go down
birdwell

birdwell

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 12:21 am

[quote="BIS"]Love the whole area. Bryce and Zion parks are amazing as well. I have always liked the desert. Death Valley in the spring is amazing too when the wildflowers are blooming.[/quote]

I'm 20 minutes from Zion and 45 miles from Bryce (as the crow flies)

I'm thinking of moving into the Advanced runner forum.
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 12:23 am

Do you go to the parks often Birdwell?
Back to top Go down
birdwell

birdwell

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 12:37 am

We try to get to Zion every other month, if not more. I tend to spend a lot of time in the Kolob Canyon section of Zion, as that's the closet spot for me.
Bryce tends to be a little tougher to get out to, especially in the winter.

The other thing for us though is all the BLM and Forest Service land that surrounds us looks just like Zion, but without the crowds of tourists. There's so many red rock slot canyons around here it's almost boring.

One of my favorite places to go to is the Red Cliffs recreation area (near Leeds, UT). it's as pretty as Zion, with very few crowds and more interesting rock formations and no trail closures.
Back to top Go down
birdwell

birdwell

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 12:40 am

I just noticed you're near Jackson. I lived in Pine Grove and then Ione for about a year a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 12:41 am

birdwell wrote:
I just noticed you're near Jackson. I lived in Pine Grove and then Ione for about a year a long time ago.

Where in Ione? That's our town but we live across highway 88 near the lake. I just say Jackson because unless you are an inmate you probably haven't heard of Ione.
Back to top Go down
birdwell

birdwell

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 12:49 am

I don't even remember. I was young and didn't pay attention. I wasn't an inmate though. I think it was over towards the junior high? maybe? All I remember is we could not see the Preston Castle from our house.

I know we lived right off ridge road in Pine Grove though.
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 12:53 am

birdwell wrote:
I don't even remember. I was young and didn't pay attention. I wasn't an inmate though. I think it was over towards the junior high? maybe? All I remember is we could not see the Preston Castle from our house.  

I know we lived right off ridge road in Pine Grove though.

The Castle has been going through basic safety and weatherproofing renovations. We try and attend their fundraising efforts. Pine Grove is a nice area. We drive up there and to Volcano once and a while. My wife buys tickets to the volcano outdoor theater. I agree because you bring your own food and booze, so it's a cheap date.

Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 7:51 am

I wonder if any other refugees will start posting on this forum or if it's just gonna be the few of us?
Back to top Go down
birdwell

birdwell

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 8:29 am

[quote="Spunkybubbles5"]I wonder if any other refugees will start posting on this forum or if it's just gonna be the few of us?[/quote]

sadly, I think it might just be us. One of the things that runnersworld had going for it was name recognition, advertising and a steady stream of new member who would wander in to NRR randomly. Think about it, how did you find NRR? I started looking for trail running advice and found the Trail and Ultra forum (which has since been split up) after posting there for a while I wandered about and came across NRR.

With these refuges that have been set up (here, runningahead.com, etc.) unless you know where it is, you'll never find the place.
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 8:50 am

I was talking about the regular posters from NRR. I see a lot of them made the leap over here, but haven't posted yet. I was thinking once NRR shut down they would start posting here. As far as getting newbie newbies the only way we can grow this one is by word of mouth.
Back to top Go down
birdwell

birdwell

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 8:58 am

[quote="Spunkybubbles5"]I was talking about the regular posters from NRR. I see a lot of them made the leap over here, but haven't posted yet. I was thinking once NRR shut down they would start posting here. As far as getting newbie newbies the only way we can grow this one is by word of mouth. [/quote]

Oh, well then.
Aren't I just a great big ball of sunshine and unicorn farts?

I'm thinking I need today to be over with already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you thinking now?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mostly Not Running Related :: NRR Refugees :: General Discussion-
Jump to: