Mostly Not Running Related
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mostly Not Running Related

MNRR is for runners, cyclists or whatever your sport. Pull up a chair, New members welcome!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OPINION: Should music bands cancel their concerts to boycott NC's LGBT laws?

Go down 
+2
BIS
HonkyTonkRunner
6 posters
AuthorMessage
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

OPINION: Should music bands cancel their concerts to boycott NC's LGBT laws?  Empty
PostSubject: OPINION: Should music bands cancel their concerts to boycott NC's LGBT laws?    OPINION: Should music bands cancel their concerts to boycott NC's LGBT laws?  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 5:34 pm

Bruce Springstein was the first. Now Pearl Jam and Boston followed.

I feel it won't accomplish anything and the only thing it's doing is disappointing their fans.

The show must go on.
Back to top Go down
https://nrrishere.forumotion.com
BIS

BIS

OPINION: Should music bands cancel their concerts to boycott NC's LGBT laws?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPINION: Should music bands cancel their concerts to boycott NC's LGBT laws?    OPINION: Should music bands cancel their concerts to boycott NC's LGBT laws?  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 5:37 pm

I tend to agree. Why punish your fans?

Put a spin on the concert to open awareness for LGBT rights. Set aside a certain amount of each ticket price to advance rights. Make it a positive thing.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: OPINION: Should music bands cancel their concerts to boycott NC's LGBT laws?    OPINION: Should music bands cancel their concerts to boycott NC's LGBT laws?  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 6:22 pm

BIS wrote:
I tend to agree. Why punish your fans?

Put a spin on the concert to open awareness for LGBT rights. Set aside a certain amount of each ticket price to advance rights. Make it a positive thing.

Perfect!

With Pearl Jam and Boston following I'm beginning to think it may be about publicity.
Back to top Go down
RSX

RSX

PostSubject: Re: OPINION: Should music bands cancel their concerts to boycott NC's LGBT laws?    OPINION: Should music bands cancel their concerts to boycott NC's LGBT laws?  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 8:49 pm

I saw Bruce here in February so am a big fan. I thought it was great that he canceled but wished he did it much sooner. Basically he canceled around Thursday for a Sunday show. That law wasn't passed the day before.

Any other group has to follow along. Playing there now would be bad PR.
Back to top Go down
Banana!!

Banana!!

PostSubject: Re: OPINION: Should music bands cancel their concerts to boycott NC's LGBT laws?    OPINION: Should music bands cancel their concerts to boycott NC's LGBT laws?  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 8:43 am

I like it. Sorta like back in the 80s when bands wouldn't play in South Africa due to apartheid.
Back to top Go down
Capt Awesome

Capt Awesome

PostSubject: Re: OPINION: Should music bands cancel their concerts to boycott NC's LGBT laws?    OPINION: Should music bands cancel their concerts to boycott NC's LGBT laws?  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 9:39 am

I agree with this move. Its does suck for the fans, but why bring revenue to a state that legalizes discrimination?
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: OPINION: Should music bands cancel their concerts to boycott NC's LGBT laws?    OPINION: Should music bands cancel their concerts to boycott NC's LGBT laws?  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 10:02 am

Capt Awesome wrote:
I agree with this move. Its does suck for the fans, but why bring revenue to a state that legalizes discrimination?

This why I post these sort of subjects. To get others views to possibly change mine.

I agree with you, as far a s bringing revenue into a state. But I also believe it's also hurting the fans, and what BIS said-incorporate the subject into the concert.

There's other revenue for NC besides rock concerts. So, will canceling concerts make a big difference with their laws?
Back to top Go down
Capt Awesome

Capt Awesome

PostSubject: Re: OPINION: Should music bands cancel their concerts to boycott NC's LGBT laws?    OPINION: Should music bands cancel their concerts to boycott NC's LGBT laws?  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 10:51 am

HonkyTonkRunner wrote:
Capt Awesome wrote:

This why I post these sort of subjects. To get others views to possibly change mine.

I agree with you, as far a s bringing revenue into a state. But I also believe it's also hurting the fans, and what BIS said-incorporate the subject into the concert.

There's other revenue for NC besides rock concerts. So, will canceling concerts make a big difference with their laws?

You're right, there are plenty of other revenue streams for NC, but this one gets the people involved. Bands cannot affect change with the laws of a state, but they can bring attention to an issue that people may not have known about otherwise... these people are voters who can make changes. If a politician passes a law they don't like, such as this one, they can vote for someone else come election time.

Last edited by Capt Awesome on Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kevindsingleton

PostSubject: Re: OPINION: Should music bands cancel their concerts to boycott NC's LGBT laws?    OPINION: Should music bands cancel their concerts to boycott NC's LGBT laws?  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 4:51 pm

I don't see why it's a problem that men go to the men's room. I don't want men in the restroom with my granddaughter.

When did the world get so weird?
Back to top Go down
Banana!!

Banana!!

PostSubject: Re: OPINION: Should music bands cancel their concerts to boycott NC's LGBT laws?    OPINION: Should music bands cancel their concerts to boycott NC's LGBT laws?  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 9:35 pm

kevindsingleton wrote:
I don't see why it's a problem that men go to the men's room.  I don't want men in the restroom with my granddaughter.

When did the world get so weird?

About 4.5 billion years ago.

OPINION: Should music bands cancel their concerts to boycott NC's LGBT laws?  1378972199
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OPINION: Should music bands cancel their concerts to boycott NC's LGBT laws?    OPINION: Should music bands cancel their concerts to boycott NC's LGBT laws?  Empty

Back to top Go down

OPINION: Should music bands cancel their concerts to boycott NC's LGBT laws?
Page 1 of 1