Mostly Not Running Related
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mostly Not Running Related

MNRR is for runners, cyclists or whatever your sport. Pull up a chair, New members welcome!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you thinking now?

Go down 
+4
BIS
HonkyTonkRunner
Poppy Ott
birdwell
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

What are you thinking now? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 10:12 pm

I feel the same way about walking. I will go out and walk for miles, but ask me to walk next door to pick up supplies for the office. Pffft!
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 10:39 pm

Hey Albequerque!! I'm in you!!
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 9:04 am

Anotherrun wrote:
I feel the same way about walking.  I will go out and walk for miles, but ask me to walk next door to pick up supplies for the office.  Pffft!

What are you thinking now? - Page 4 2970043785
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 11:39 am

Poppy Ott wrote:
Spunkybubbles5 wrote:
I see we have a lot of the old regulars who have joined over here, but none of them are posting? I wonder why not?

Shy?

I believe we need to start a "VIP Lounge" thread as enticement to post. Invite only to posters.

Also, a "Dear Lurkers" thread.
Back to top Go down
https://nrrishere.forumotion.com
Spunkybubbles5

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 2:04 pm

HonkyTonkRunner wrote:
Poppy Ott wrote:
Spunkybubbles5 wrote:
I see we have a lot of the old regulars who have joined over here, but none of them are posting? I wonder why not?

Shy?

I believe we need to start a "VIP Lounge" thread as enticement to post. Invite only to posters.

Great ideas!
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 2:59 pm

Spunkybubbles5 wrote:
HonkyTonkRunner wrote:
Poppy Ott wrote:
Spunkybubbles5 wrote:

Shy?

Great ideas!

Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 9:00 pm

Cooking a whole turkey on the BBQ. The smell. What are you thinking now? - Page 4 2096885158
Back to top Go down
birdwell

birdwell

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 9:17 pm

did you spatchcock it first? or leave it whole? We did a spatchcocked bird for thanksgiving. It was fan-freaking-tastic!
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 9:21 pm

Whole. We buy a few turkeys after thanksgiving when they are practically giving them away. Now I get turkey sandwiches for a week.

What is spatchcocking?
Back to top Go down
birdwell

birdwell

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 9:41 pm

cut out the back bone and press it flat like a book. It cooks faster and more evenly (on account of the breast being thicker than the thighs, but protected by the bone.

lets see if I can post pictures
What are you thinking now? - Page 4 Img_3111
What are you thinking now? - Page 4 Img_3210
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 10:05 pm

Thanks! That does look amazing.

I bought a deep fry kit but haven't tried that yet.

We use a turkey cannon which looks like this:

What are you thinking now? - Page 4 51pndn10

It's essentially like beer can chicken. You fill the cannon tube with wine herbs, whatever you want and it helps keep the turkey moist.

I'm going to have to try your method.
Back to top Go down
RSX

RSX

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 1:18 am

Spunkybubbles5 wrote:
Am I a bad person for trying to corrupt someone? Is it too much to ask for somebody to be bad? I think not. Stupid conscious's.

Depends but do tell
Back to top Go down
RSX

RSX

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 1:23 am

Hey a locked thread just like the old days. I tried to comment but got stuck in a loop
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 7:52 am

RSX wrote:
Spunkybubbles5 wrote:
Am I a bad person for trying to corrupt someone? Is it too much to ask for somebody to be bad? I think not. Stupid conscious's.

Depends but do tell

i typed out what I was talking about but then decided to remove it. People might think I'm a bad person. I got a rep to protect. Lol
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 8:03 pm

Spunkybubbles5 wrote:
RSX wrote:
Spunkybubbles5 wrote:

Depends but do tell

i typed out what I was talking about but then decided to remove it. People might think I'm a bad person. I got a rep to protect. Lol

This is also a no judgement zone SB.
Back to top Go down
https://nrrishere.forumotion.com
Spunkybubbles5

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 8:19 pm

Lol-thanks HTR. Maybe if other people start confessing bad things then I will too.
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 2:21 pm

My boss just gave her notice. I'm scared.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 3:17 pm

Spunkybubbles5 wrote:
My boss just gave her notice. I'm scared.
Was this a surprise?  Is there downsizing taking place?
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 3:52 pm

Kind of a surprise, but not really. She wanted to move back up North.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 5:27 pm

Spunkybubbles5 wrote:
New boss then, or maybe you get to advance?
Back to top Go down
RSX

RSX

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 3:32 pm

I thought you guys banned KK
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 6:37 pm

Poppy Ott wrote:
Spunkybubbles5 wrote:

I would HATE to have that job! I wouldn't take it even if they asked. I'm fine right where I am. In fact, I got a raise today. Smile
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 6:50 pm

Spunkybubbles5 wrote:
Poppy Ott wrote:
Spunkybubbles5 wrote:

I would HATE to have that job! I wouldn't take it even if they asked. I'm fine right where I am. In fact, I got a raise today. Smile

Win, win! What are you thinking now? - Page 4 624633195
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 6:50 pm

Spunky has the first round! What are you thinking now? - Page 4 1398806766
Back to top Go down
birdwell

birdwell

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 12:44 am

I just got done putting on a "Variety show" with our local church. I was in charge of organizing and I ran the sound and stage.

Where to start on the "Variety show" (not a talent show, a variety show. You didn't need to be talented to participate) I asked a neighbor (and fellow congregant) to do something thinking it would make me like him more if I knew what "good" he was doing in the world (his family just gets on my nerves. They're too nice and one of his kids has a crush on my daughter). I like him even less now.

He took soooooooooooooooooooooo freaking long to do this "self defense" demo with some neighborhood kids and then at the end of it he did a "rap" (he's in his late 30's and white. really, really, really white. Like never lived outside of Utah and Idaho white. his time in Colorado doesn't count)

I just kept muttering under my breath "shut the f*** up. just shut the f*** up. we are behind schedule. shut up!" (May Jesus forgive my sins). I almost cut his mic after the third verse, but luckily he was done.

Other than that, it was pretty fun. Another kid did an Elvis impersonation and a young couple sang an original song (and knocked it out of the park)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you thinking now?   What are you thinking now? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you thinking now?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mostly Not Running Related :: NRR Refugees :: General Discussion-
Jump to: