Mostly Not Running Related
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mostly Not Running Related

MNRR is for runners, cyclists or whatever your sport. Pull up a chair, New members welcome!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question for those with teenagers

Go down 
+2
birdwell
Spunkybubbles5
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Spunkybubbles5

Question for those with teenagers Empty
PostSubject: Question for those with teenagers   Question for those with teenagers EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 8:50 am

Do ya'll ever get involved with the boyfriend/girlfriend stuff? My plan was always going to be just stay out of it and I'm trying. However there is this one guy who won't leave my daughter alone. He is obsessed with her. She doesn't like him and never has, but he keeps pursuing her and making her feel bad for not liking him. He seems to be very unstable and kind of scares me. Would ya'll step in or do I just leave it be and let her handle it or hope he eventually goes away?
Back to top Go down
birdwell

birdwell

PostSubject: Re: Question for those with teenagers   Question for those with teenagers EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:13 am

This is something I worry about myself (even though I've got a few years left before I'll deal with this)
There comes a point where the grown ups need to be grown ups and set things straight.
You say she doesn't like him, is that "like Like" him? or not even like him as a friend?
Has she told the guy to knock it off? And I mean really told him, politely, but leaving no question at all that it will never happen.
Sometimes I think our kids are a little too concerned about hurting someones feelings and it prevents them from telling the truth(they just want to be nice to everyone). It's hard, but there is a way to be firm and truthful, while still being polite.

Maybe just buy him a copy of the movie "She's just not that into you"?
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Question for those with teenagers   Question for those with teenagers EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 10:00 am

I'm so glad we have two boys who somehow made good choices (we'd like to think it was good parenting) and that we never were faced with this problem. I'd be very protective if we either son had had to deal with this - anymore it's not just the girls who get stalked. I'd be tempted to pull the pump-action out of the closet, figuratively speaking.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Question for those with teenagers   Question for those with teenagers EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 2:43 pm

Spunkybubbles5 wrote:
Do ya'll ever get involved with the boyfriend/girlfriend stuff? My plan was always going to be just stay out of it and I'm trying. However there is this one guy who won't leave my daughter alone. He is obsessed with her. She doesn't like him and never has, but he keeps pursuing her and making her feel bad for not liking him. He seems to be very unstable and kind of scares me. Would ya'll step in or do I just leave it be and let her handle it or hope he eventually goes away?

At some point you might talk to the boy's parents.
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: Question for those with teenagers   Question for those with teenagers EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 2:49 pm

Spunkybubbles5 wrote:

How old is she and how receptive is she to your advice? If he is unstable and scares you there is reason to step in especially if your daughter welcomes your help.
Back to top Go down
Sir Bird

Sir Bird

PostSubject: Re: Question for those with teenagers   Question for those with teenagers EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 6:43 pm

I have 3 teenage daughters and I only stepped-in when I felt that one of my girls was being manipulated, stalked, or receiving unwanted touches. Had one dude that thought it was going to be okay to run up behind my daughter and slap her ass whenever he wanted. The slaps were so hard she would get bruised. He and I had a chat, to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for those with teenagers   Question for those with teenagers Empty

Back to top Go down

Question for those with teenagers
Page 1 of 1