Mostly Not Running Related
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mostly Not Running Related

MNRR is for runners, cyclists or whatever your sport. Pull up a chair, New members welcome!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Craziest thing that ever happened on a run?

Go down 
+3
Nazaretti
HonkyTonkRunner
BIS
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BIS

BIS

Craziest thing that ever happened on a run? Empty
PostSubject: Craziest thing that ever happened on a run?   Craziest thing that ever happened on a run? EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 5:39 pm

Let's here it!

edit: fixed spelling in title

Last edited by birdwell on Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ting? Ting?!?! that's not my name.)
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Craziest thing that ever happened on a run?   Craziest thing that ever happened on a run? EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 7:36 pm

Hummmm....let me think about all of the the craziest things over 20 years and I'll decide which is the best to post. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://nrrishere.forumotion.com
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Craziest thing that ever happened on a run?   Craziest thing that ever happened on a run? EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 7:48 pm

I've come across a red fox in my path, two times.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Craziest thing that ever happened on a run?   Craziest thing that ever happened on a run? EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 8:20 pm

I run early mornings, usually before sun-up.  It's quiet and sounds seem to travel farther and sound louder.  During hunting season I will sometimes hear rifle fire.  It's no big deal here, there's more than a few out in the county where I live who 'hunt' from their back porch.  Well, one morning last spring I'm running in the dark as usual, just me, my tunes and my headlamp, and suddenly there's a tremendous BOOM!!! It was not a rifle, more like a cannon had gone off right beside me, and this is the land of Civil War re-enactments so I know very well what a cannon sounds like up close.  I didn't pee my pants or drop a load, but I did jump!  Might have yelled, too.  

Once I got over the startle and caught my breath I looked for the source of the . . . whatever.  I could find nothing on the ground.  Finally I looked up and saw thick smoke billowing from the transformer on top of a power pole.  A transformer had exploded just as I was passing that particular pole.  Got on the phone and called the power company; they knew the power had just gone out and general area of the fault, and were about to send a crew to search it out. I saved 'em some time, and when I drove by a little later they were replacing the transformer.
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: Craziest thing that ever happened on a run?   Craziest thing that ever happened on a run? EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 9:53 pm

Poppy Ott wrote:
 I didn't pee my pants or drop a load, but I did jump!  Might have yelled, too.

Craziest thing that ever happened on a run? 3662088992
Back to top Go down
birdwell

birdwell

PostSubject: Re: Craziest thing that ever happened on a run?   Craziest thing that ever happened on a run? EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 11:22 pm

I've been shot at (unintentionally, I think. I hope) on a run.
I also nearly stepped on a rattlesnake.
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: Craziest thing that ever happened on a run?   Craziest thing that ever happened on a run? EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 11:24 pm

birdwell wrote:
I've been shot at (unintentionally, I think. I hope) on a run.
I also nearly stepped on a rattlesnake.

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Capt Awesome

Capt Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Craziest thing that ever happened on a run?   Craziest thing that ever happened on a run? EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 9:38 am

Let's see... I've been attacked by a gang of geese, and by a gang of wild turkeys. I've also been caught out in a torrential downpour. We've all been caught out in rain, this was different. I was still 2 miles from home and the rain came down in such buckets I couldn't see more than a few feet ahead of me and the water in the streets/gutters was ankle-deep. When I got home it was as though I dove in a pool.
Back to top Go down
Sir Bird

Sir Bird

PostSubject: Re: Craziest thing that ever happened on a run?   Craziest thing that ever happened on a run? EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 6:40 pm

A guy sicked his dog on me as I ran by. He was an aggressive dog and I had to punt him a few times. Guy didn't think it was all that funny after that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craziest thing that ever happened on a run?   Craziest thing that ever happened on a run? Empty

Back to top Go down

Craziest thing that ever happened on a run?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mostly Not Running Related :: NRR Refugees :: General Discussion-
Jump to: