Mostly Not Running Related
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mostly Not Running Related

MNRR is for runners, cyclists or whatever your sport. Pull up a chair, New members welcome!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Craigslist

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BIS

BIS

Craigslist Empty
PostSubject: Craigslist   Craigslist EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 2:19 am

I have been posting ads on craigslist lately. I am finding amusement in the people that respond to craigslist ads.

These ads have been in Reno ( college town) to move along furniture and assorted things posted for sale and for free. All with high res pics and complete descriptions.

Ad 1. A chest of drawers. Large heavy piece of furniture 25 bucks. I get a response right away. Cool. A young woman shows up with a saturn. On the phone I tell her she will need a truck and a couple friends.When she arrives I ask if she has friends coming with a truck. No. My wife and I muscle the furniture into my truck and deliver it across town. Sigh. She was at least thankful...

Ad 2. Complete bedroom set, bed, armoire, night stands, chest of drawers with mirror. 500 bucks. Got a quick I'LL TAKE IT for 400!!!!! Offer to hold items. Young lady shows up with a rented van and a young man. Cool. He is 16 can't drive and she is scared to drive van..... Do you know how all this might fit in my van? Chainsaw comes to mind....

Ad 3 Complete living room set. After adamant promising to buy if I hold he shows up after flaking twice and tries to lowball the price. Um, no. Can you deliver. Um no.

Ad 4 Free Lawnmower. Several offers to take it. So far still on the porch.

Ad 5. Free kitchen table. Again with several high res pics. Numerous "I might be interested" Seriously? It's free. I'm not going to spend time "selling it" over the text messages.

Ad 6 new motorcycle tires. Got a promise tonight to come tomorrow. Can't wait...

Craigslist......
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

Craigslist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craigslist   Craigslist EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 9:09 am

Multiple face-palms. And some LOL. Good luck and be careful, BIS, fools can smell weakness. Wink
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

Craigslist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craigslist   Craigslist EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 11:48 am

LOL. How about donating the free stuff to the Salvation Army? They come and pick it up from you.
They would definitely take the kitchen table.
Back to top Go down
https://nrrishere.forumotion.com
BIS

BIS

Craigslist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craigslist   Craigslist EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 12:35 pm

HonkyTonkRunner wrote:
LOL. How about donating the free stuff to the Salvation Army? They come and pick it up from you.
They would definitely take the kitchen table.

We donated almost the entire estate which filled their moving van. These were just a few items that we didn't donate. I think for the first time in 30 years we are going to get a a tax refund.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

Craigslist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craigslist   Craigslist EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 1:13 pm

I've had good results selling used household stuff in our local newspaper's "bargain box" section - no charge to place the ad. I always ask for some money, even if only $20. I think that discourages the flakes and lets people know the item is not junk.
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

Craigslist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craigslist   Craigslist EmptySun Oct 16, 2016 10:53 pm

Well some guy just picked up an old tire and rim that was going to cost me 40 bucks at the dump to get rid of. Someone else grabbed a rusty old BBQ yesterday. One mans junk....
Back to top Go down
RSX

RSX

Craigslist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craigslist   Craigslist EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 11:07 am

In my area there are a number of Facebook yard sale groups. I only belong to 1, but it amuses me when people haggle over items that are less than $10 plus your name is there in public. I check it out for the meltdown potential.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

Craigslist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craigslist   Craigslist EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 12:27 pm

RSX wrote:
In my area there are a number of Facebook yard sale groups. I only belong to 1, but it amuses me when people haggle over items that are less than $10 plus your name is there in public. I check it out for the meltdown potential.
lol!
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

Craigslist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craigslist   Craigslist EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 8:22 pm

RSX wrote:

lol I have seen this at garage sales. I tend to price things for far less that value just to get rid of it and make it a no brainer. Any shirt $1.00 "would you take 80 cents?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Craigslist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craigslist   Craigslist Empty

Back to top Go down

Craigslist
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mostly Not Running Related :: NRR Refugees :: General Discussion-
Jump to: