Mostly Not Running Related
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mostly Not Running Related

MNRR is for runners, cyclists or whatever your sport. Pull up a chair, New members welcome!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MNRR Week ahead, 26 September

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

MNRR Week ahead, 26 September Empty
PostSubject: MNRR Week ahead, 26 September   MNRR Week ahead, 26 September EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 9:36 am

Got big plans, just work, or taking it easy? What's happening this week?

For us, the next phase of the home remodel (living room) officially begins.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: MNRR Week ahead, 26 September   MNRR Week ahead, 26 September EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 10:48 am

Replace the battery in my car.
Get back into running after a week off due to a severely stubbed little toe - ouch that sucker hurt!
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: MNRR Week ahead, 26 September   MNRR Week ahead, 26 September EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 1:17 pm

work 4 days, then off to Wisconsin on Friday for a Saturday Wedding, home on Sunday. ugh.

hoping for no baby this weekend! wait little one for grammy to get back to Michigan!
I am going to do some treadmill running this week.

This isn't what I am planning on doing, but I have to share (vent) this bit of stupid dog owner stuff.

I had another run in with a dog in my neighborhood. Stupid pet owners. This one was a VERY large Rottweiler. He came charging across two lawns, and across the street, snarling and barking and scaring the crapaloo out of me. I did the ole. No, Stop. No. Even threw in a few loud Hey, Hey... he just kept coming. I thought I was a gonner. He got about 4 ft from me and backed off a little. I kept backing up and telling him no and to go home. His dumb owner, comes trotting around the house... sorry, he was tied up... sorry. I kept backing up, he kept snarling and coming with me. She finally got him by the collar. He had a little thin tie with a miniscule latch on the end, he had either broken free or was not really hooked up. Anyway, all ended well, except for my willingness to run outside right now. Sigh... The weather just got good... I do have one other road I can run on, but it's only 1.2 miles long. Anything else goes by known loose aggressive dogs or out across the 45mhp county road. frustrating. I looked on the county website for the animal control info. I need to drive by their house and get the house number so I can report him as being aggressive. I just want it to be reported, for when the darn thing gets ahold of someone... phew.. I am exhausted again, just from thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: MNRR Week ahead, 26 September   MNRR Week ahead, 26 September EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 5:15 pm

Sorry about the dog encounter, AR. Do you carry pepper spray? I started carrying pepper spray on my runs about four years ago after getting bitten by one of those, 'Oh, don't worry, he doesn't bite,' dogs. Pepper spray works. Strangely, so does running straight at the aggressive dog with your hands in the air and making hissing noises like an angry cat. That might not be quite so effective in daylight, but it works a charm in the dark with a 750 lumin headlamp.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: MNRR Week ahead, 26 September   MNRR Week ahead, 26 September EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 6:40 pm

Poppy Ott wrote:
Sorry about the dog encounter, AR.  Do you carry pepper spray?  I started carrying pepper spray on my runs about four years ago after getting bitten by one of those, 'Oh, don't worry, he doesn't bite,' dogs. Pepper spray works.  Strangely, so does running straight  at the aggressive dog with your hands in the air  and making hissing noises like an angry cat.  That might not be quite so effective in daylight, but it works a charm in the dark with a 750 lumin headlamp.

To borrow a phrase from RWOL, pics or it didn't happen!
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: MNRR Week ahead, 26 September   MNRR Week ahead, 26 September EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 9:23 pm

Nazaretti wrote:
Poppy Ott wrote:
Sorry about the dog encounter, AR.  Do you carry pepper spray?  I started carrying pepper spray on my runs about four years ago after getting bitten by one of those, 'Oh, don't worry, he doesn't bite,' dogs. Pepper spray works.  Strangely, so does running straight  at the aggressive dog with your hands in the air  and making hissing noises like an angry cat.  That might not be quite so effective in daylight, but it works a charm in the dark with a 750 lumin headlamp.

To borrow a phrase from RWOL, pics or it didn't happen!

I'll need a photographer to run with me.
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: MNRR Week ahead, 26 September   MNRR Week ahead, 26 September EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 10:04 pm

Videographer, please!
No pepper spray, yet. I will nuy some before I go outside again. Spray the owner...
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: MNRR Week ahead, 26 September   MNRR Week ahead, 26 September EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 3:27 am

Poppy Ott wrote:
Got big plans, just work, or taking it easy?  What's happening this week?

What are the plans for remodel?
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: MNRR Week ahead, 26 September   MNRR Week ahead, 26 September EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 8:15 am

Anotherrun wrote:
Videographer, please!
No pepper spray, yet.  I will nuy some before I go outside again.  Spray the owner...
l

Exactly! Okay, I haven't actually done that, but I've been tempted!
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: MNRR Week ahead, 26 September   MNRR Week ahead, 26 September EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 8:22 am

BIS wrote:
Poppy Ott wrote:
Got big plans, just work, or taking it easy?  What's happening this week?

What are the plans for remodel?

Remove the wallpaper, remove the crappy wainscoting/paneling and replace with drywall and paint, and replace the carpet with hardwood (oak) flooring as I've done through the rest of the house. It's also an opportunity to sort/file/discard and give away stuff. We got rid of a lot when we did the bedrooms, and have been successful in not finding new stuff to refill them. Wife and I are trying to stick to the 'If you haven't looked at it/used it in a year, out it goes,' rule.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MNRR Week ahead, 26 September   MNRR Week ahead, 26 September Empty

Back to top Go down

MNRR Week ahead, 26 September
Page 1 of 1