Mostly Not Running Related
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mostly Not Running Related

MNRR is for runners, cyclists or whatever your sport. Pull up a chair, New members welcome!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

10 American Foods That Are Banned In Other Countries (worth the read).

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

10 American Foods That Are Banned In Other Countries (worth the read).  Empty
PostSubject: 10 American Foods That Are Banned In Other Countries (worth the read).    10 American Foods That Are Banned In Other Countries (worth the read).  EmptyTue May 24, 2016 11:47 am

http://eatlocalgrown.com/article/11944-banned-foods.html
Back to top Go down
https://nrrishere.forumotion.com
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: 10 American Foods That Are Banned In Other Countries (worth the read).    10 American Foods That Are Banned In Other Countries (worth the read).  EmptyTue May 24, 2016 3:14 pm

This is what happens when big corporations run the FDA (as well as all other branches of government)

http://www.globalresearch.ca/monsanto-controls-both-the-white-house-and-the-us-congress/5336422

It is no longer about what is safe for consumers, it is about what is profitable for big food and pharmacy companies. People getting sick is big business.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: 10 American Foods That Are Banned In Other Countries (worth the read).    10 American Foods That Are Banned In Other Countries (worth the read).  EmptyTue May 24, 2016 3:45 pm

I only got to the first headline: "Milk and dairy products laced with rBGH."

In fact, there is no significant difference between rBGH and the BGH that cows make, and essentially no BGH of any source is found in cow's milk anyway.

Kind of reduced my interest in reading further.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: 10 American Foods That Are Banned In Other Countries (worth the read).    10 American Foods That Are Banned In Other Countries (worth the read).  EmptyTue May 24, 2016 7:40 pm

I spent my career working in fields regulated by the FDA. The agency is science-based and, in general, does a very, very good job.

The real health threat from food is microbial contamination, due mainly to temperature abuse (not keeping things cold or not cooking them enough) and poor worker sanitation (wash those hands!). An estimated 40-50 million illnesses and 3,000 deaths per year.

Of course, if people do not eat balanced diets they jeopardize their health. I don't see why you'd blame the FDA for that.
Back to top Go down
Banana!!

Banana!!

PostSubject: Re: 10 American Foods That Are Banned In Other Countries (worth the read).    10 American Foods That Are Banned In Other Countries (worth the read).  EmptyWed May 25, 2016 4:17 pm

I don't like that article or that website, which has a palpable agenda. The links in it go to sites pushing supplements. Anti-vaxxer Dr. Mercola dot com, some site pushing red smoothie detoxers. I don't care if the Japanese can't enjoy a delicious Mountain Dew. They still kill whales and eat them. And I doubt it'd really be economical to ship our milk to Europe. They've got their own cows anyhow. That said, I like the name of their website. Eat local grown. Makes sense to me, unless I want to eat crab legs tonight.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: 10 American Foods That Are Banned In Other Countries (worth the read).    10 American Foods That Are Banned In Other Countries (worth the read).  EmptyWed May 25, 2016 8:00 pm

Banana!! wrote:
I don't like that article or that website, which has a palpable agenda. The links in it go to sites pushing supplements. Anti-vaxxer Dr. Mercola dot com, some site pushing red smoothie detoxers. I don't care if the Japanese can't enjoy a delicious Mountain Dew. They still kill whales and eat them. And I doubt it'd really be economical to ship our milk to Europe. They've got their own cows anyhow. That said, I like the name of their website. Eat local grown. Makes sense to me, unless I want to eat crab legs tonight.

10 American Foods That Are Banned In Other Countries (worth the read).  2970043785
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10 American Foods That Are Banned In Other Countries (worth the read).    10 American Foods That Are Banned In Other Countries (worth the read).  Empty

Back to top Go down

10 American Foods That Are Banned In Other Countries (worth the read).
Page 1 of 1