Mostly Not Running Related
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mostly Not Running Related

MNRR is for runners, cyclists or whatever your sport. Pull up a chair, New members welcome!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crazy diets

Go down 
+4
Anotherrun
BIS
Poppy Ott
Spunkybubbles5
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Spunkybubbles5

Crazy diets Empty
PostSubject: Crazy diets   Crazy diets EmptyWed May 18, 2016 8:25 pm

What kind of crazy diets have ya'll tried or known people who tried where they lost weight then of course gained it all back? I think I've tried them all, but wondering if I missed any.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

Crazy diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy diets   Crazy diets EmptyWed May 18, 2016 8:29 pm

Cabbage soup diet.  That was years ago, ten or more.  I don't remember losing any weight with that, but in the last two years I've lost 50 pounds with no change in diet.  Just upped the activity a lot.
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

Crazy diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy diets   Crazy diets EmptyWed May 18, 2016 8:32 pm

Yeah I did the cabbage soup diet. Lost 10 pounds in one week then gained it back. Next? Lol
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

Crazy diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy diets   Crazy diets EmptyWed May 18, 2016 11:40 pm

I ate vegan for a year. Thinking about it again.
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

Crazy diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy diets   Crazy diets EmptyWed May 18, 2016 11:41 pm

I have a friend who is Vegan. It's SO hard on him to find any food. I feel so bad for him.
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

Crazy diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy diets   Crazy diets EmptyWed May 18, 2016 11:46 pm

Spunkybubbles5 wrote:
I have a friend who is Vegan. It's SO hard on him to find any food. I feel so bad for him.

It's really not that hard. Most restaurants have vegan options, even if they aren't on the menu and grocery shopping isn't hard at all. I didn't quit vegan eating because it was hard to find food. Meat is very tasty.

Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

Crazy diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy diets   Crazy diets EmptyThu May 19, 2016 7:48 am

I usually just go on a healthy eating kick when I get the urge to lose some bulge.
for me improving the health of my diet means, whole grains in moderation, drink more water, eat less sugar, cut out as many processed foods as possible. I don't eat much red meat, as it makes me feel sluggish. I also don't feel well if I eat too much salt, so I stay away from excessive salty foods always. So for the past several weeks I have been on a self-described health re-kick. I have been enjoying yogurt with berries, eggs, turkey, chicken, salmon, numerous vegetables in salads, roasted vegetables, sweet potatoes. I have had ZERO candy, ZERO ice cream and ZERO wine for 3 weeks. Sigh. I have lost nearly 4 pounds so I guess it is worth it. It sounds so yummy when I type the foods out. The hard part is that eating fresh means more preparation.
My wise momma always told me, All things in moderation. She was so smart. Smile
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

Crazy diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy diets   Crazy diets EmptyThu May 19, 2016 8:40 am

My big frustration with healthy eating is the cost! Healthy foods are so expensive! It's the grocery stores or farmers who are making America fat!! Lol
Back to top Go down
Banana!!

Banana!!

Crazy diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy diets   Crazy diets EmptyThu May 19, 2016 9:02 am

I eat whatevs and I'm active. It's food. Don't overthink it.
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

Crazy diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy diets   Crazy diets EmptyThu May 19, 2016 9:05 am

Banana!! wrote:

Can I just eat you? Wink
Back to top Go down
Banana!!

Banana!!

Crazy diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy diets   Crazy diets EmptyThu May 19, 2016 9:06 am

I'm healthy and I am cheap.
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

Crazy diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy diets   Crazy diets EmptyThu May 19, 2016 9:13 am

Get over here then!
Back to top Go down
Curiosity

Crazy diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy diets   Crazy diets EmptyThu May 19, 2016 8:30 pm

Spunkybubbles5 wrote:
Banana!! wrote:

Can I just eat you? Wink

The banana diet!!
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

Crazy diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy diets   Crazy diets EmptySat May 21, 2016 5:15 pm

Anotherrun wrote:
I usually just go  on a healthy eating kick when I get the urge to lose some bulge.
for me improving the health of my diet means, whole grains in moderation, drink more water, eat less sugar, cut out as many processed foods as possible.   I don't eat much red meat, as it makes me feel sluggish.  I also don't feel well if I eat too much salt, so I stay away from excessive salty foods always.  So for the past several weeks I have been on a self-described health re-kick.  I have been enjoying yogurt with berries, eggs, turkey, chicken, salmon, numerous vegetables in salads, roasted vegetables, sweet potatoes.  I have had ZERO candy, ZERO ice cream and ZERO wine for 3 weeks. Sigh.  I have lost nearly 4 pounds so I guess it is worth it.  It sounds so yummy when I type the foods out.  The hard part is that eating fresh means more preparation.  
My wise momma always told me, All things in moderation.  She was so smart. Smile

I always wondered why red meat made me feel sluggish. I found out with many people, it's hard to digest/breakdown red meat.
In fact, my sister in law who has stage 2 breast cancer is seeing a nutritionist. The nutritionist told her to cut out red meat because it takes too much energy for the body to digest.
Back to top Go down
https://nrrishere.forumotion.com
BurlGirl

BurlGirl

Crazy diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy diets   Crazy diets EmptySat May 21, 2016 8:17 pm

I agree HTR!!! I decided to go vegetarian (again) just after Christmas. I felt SO much better! Trouble is, I gained 10 pounds because of the poor choices that I was making.

Most people can adapt to not eating meat by substituting "other" healthy options, like eggplant, portabella mushrooms etc. Me? No - I'm a Super Taster (or some would say picky eater).

So I basically ate a lot of pasta, because eating a salad for every meal was a bit too much.

I went back to eating meat in April, just to lose the weight I gained. Right now, I'm eating meat (but less of it). Have lost 5 of the 10 and am hoping to get back to "no meat" again real soon!
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

Crazy diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy diets   Crazy diets EmptySat May 21, 2016 8:50 pm

BurlGirl wrote:
I agree HTR!!!   I decided to go vegetarian (again) just after Christmas.  I felt SO much better!  Trouble is, I gained 10 pounds because of the poor choices that I was making.

Most people can adapt to not eating meat by substituting "other" healthy options, like eggplant, portabella mushrooms etc.  Me?  No - I'm a Super Taster (or some would say picky eater).

So I basically ate a lot of pasta, because eating a salad for every meal was a bit too much.

I went back to eating meat in April, just to lose the weight I gained.  Right now, I'm eating meat (but less of it).  Have lost 5 of the 10 and am hoping to get back to "no meat" again real soon!

Hey BG!

I eat red meat in extreme moderation, as in being social and when I need a boost of iron. Other than that I stay with lean meats, mostly chicken.
I find when I eat red meat, I get a bit of a stomach ache. Most likely from the digestive track trying to beak it down.

I lose weight by eliminating certain foods and I stop eating as soon as I feel full. Small portions. If I'm not working out a lot I stay with a small amount of complex carbs. When I completely eliminate carbs I tend to get light headed for some reason. Something in them my body needs.
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

Crazy diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy diets   Crazy diets EmptySun May 22, 2016 7:55 am

Someone told me about how they are on this diet where you eat the exact same thing every single day for breakfast and lunch then eat a regular dinner watching portion sizes. My friend said he eats 3 eggs and a sausage link for breakfast, and a chicken salad for lunch. Then whatever his wife makes for dinner for the family. He has lost 10 pounds in a week. Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Banana!!

Banana!!

Crazy diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy diets   Crazy diets EmptySun May 22, 2016 10:12 am

If you don't eat you meat, how can you have any pudding? You can't have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!

Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

Crazy diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy diets   Crazy diets EmptySun May 22, 2016 8:08 pm

^

Crazy diets 773079333
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crazy diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy diets   Crazy diets Empty