Mostly Not Running Related
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mostly Not Running Related

MNRR is for runners, cyclists or whatever your sport. Pull up a chair, New members welcome!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First car you owned

Go down 
+7
Peachy
RSX
Banana!!
Poppy Ott
Spunkybubbles5
Nazaretti
BIS
11 posters
AuthorMessage
BIS

BIS

First car you owned Empty
PostSubject: First car you owned   First car you owned EmptyMon May 02, 2016 2:19 am

First car I ever drove was my fathers 1970 Buick sport wagon. It was bone stock and huge. I got to use it until I was 17 until my HS sent a notice home that I was a truant.

First car you owned Buick-10

At 17 I bought a 1970 Firebird like this

First car you owned 1971_f10

It was a great car. HS had auto shop and I rebuilt it at school, getting credit to do so. Smile I also got all my scholary absences dismissed for working on faculty cars for free.

The car I miss the most is a 1972 Buick Riviera.

First car you owned 46330010

This thing was the bomb. Big motor, big interior. Plenty of power. I look now and they are selling for crazy money.

Any attachment to your first/old cars?
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: First car you owned   First car you owned EmptyMon May 02, 2016 6:45 am

My parents gave me their 1962 Chevy station wagon when I went off to college in Boston. Turned out a car in Boston is more of a liability than an asset, so I sold it to my roommate for $25. It died on the NJ Turnpike while he was driving his girlfriend back from a visit to DC.

The first car i bought was a used British Rover 2000. It was difficult to maintain - held together largely by bolts instead of welds. Hard to find parts, too. It looked like this, but red:

First car you owned P6-1964.1
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

PostSubject: Re: First car you owned   First car you owned EmptyMon May 02, 2016 7:27 am

My first car was my mom's Buick Skylark that she passed on to me.
The second was a Dodge Daytona. I remember I felt so cool driving that thing. I loved that car.
Then I had a convertible fiat that was a piece of junk. It was broken down more than I ever drove it.
First car you owned Image20
First car you owned Image21
First car you owned Image22
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

PostSubject: Re: First car you owned   First car you owned EmptyMon May 02, 2016 7:30 am

Sorry I should have edited the black parts off of the pics before I posted them. I had to search for images from the Internet b/c I didn't have any pics of my own of them. Those were the colors and models of them though. Gosh that brought back a lot of memories.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: First car you owned   First car you owned EmptyMon May 02, 2016 7:56 am

I had a Fiat, too! Hunk of junk, but it got us from Boston to Texas to visit relatives, then back to Maryland for a new job. FIAT = "Fix It Again, Tony."
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

PostSubject: Re: First car you owned   First car you owned EmptyMon May 02, 2016 8:06 am

Nazaretti wrote:
I had a Fiat, too!  Hunk of junk, but it got us from Boston to Texas to visit relatives, then back to Maryland for a new job.  FIAT = "Fix It Again, Tony."

Lol-so so true.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: First car you owned   First car you owned EmptyMon May 02, 2016 8:11 am

I'm also a Fiat-first-car club member.  1100 four-door sedan POC.  So poorly built I was constantly having to tighten bolts, even the bolts of the door hinges.  Some parts were assembled with metal fold tabs, like toy metal cars, and I'm not kidding!  I don't care how much they might have improved since then, but that car was so bad I refuse to get anywhere near a Fiat now.
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

PostSubject: Re: First car you owned   First car you owned EmptyMon May 02, 2016 8:13 am

Wow-where were ya'll when I was making the decision to buy that car. Ya'll could have saved me a lot of grief. Lol
Back to top Go down
Banana!!

Banana!!

PostSubject: Re: First car you owned   First car you owned EmptyMon May 02, 2016 10:26 am

'67 Mustang GT. It had an extra pedal on the floorboard you pumped to squirt the windshield washer. That year also had the turn signal indicators recessed into the hood. Not nearly as nice as this one...
First car you owned 67_MustangGTFastback_Pic5
Back to top Go down
RSX

RSX

PostSubject: Re: First car you owned   First car you owned EmptyMon May 02, 2016 10:31 am

First car I drove was my parent's 72 Cutlas. I loved that car but my brother killed it. First cat I bought was a 77 Volare. That was a fun car, and kept it until I bought a brand new Camaro. A friend sold them so I got a great deal but it was awful in snow. Favorite car I owned was a Focus which got to 182k+ in miles. I finally got rid of it, when a tree fell on it

Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: First car you owned   First car you owned EmptyMon May 02, 2016 11:30 am

Poppy Ott wrote:
I'm also a Fiat-first-car club member.  1100 four-door sedan POC.  So poorly built I was constantly having to tighten bolts, even the bolts of the door hinges.  Some parts were assembled with metal fold tabs, like toy metal cars, and I'm not kidding!  I don't care how much they might have improved since then, but that car was so bad I refuse to get anywhere near a Fiat now.

I forget the model of my Fiat, it was a hatchback. Fun to drive when it ran. I used to buy clutch cables 3 at a time and leave them in the back, so i could replace the snapped one by the side of the road and be on my way in 20 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Peachy

Peachy

PostSubject: Re: First car you owned   First car you owned EmptyMon May 02, 2016 11:57 am

My first car was a 1975 Mercury Montego.

It was huge and got me to and from college for 4 years.
First car you owned Mercur10
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: First car you owned   First car you owned EmptyMon May 02, 2016 3:42 pm

1976 Chevy Nova. Red with White interior. I bought it from my Mom.
Only car I have ever driven over 100 MPH. fun times..... gave it up when I was preggers for my first baby. Needed something a tad more reliable than it had become.
Back to top Go down
Capt Awesome

Capt Awesome

PostSubject: Re: First car you owned   First car you owned EmptyMon May 02, 2016 3:52 pm

There was a time the Chevy Nova truly was a sight to behold. My 1987 Nova hatchback was too, but for all the wrong reasons No

First car you owned Z
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: First car you owned   First car you owned EmptyMon May 02, 2016 4:06 pm

1976 Yellow Stingray Corvette. Last year with the straight down back window.
Back to top Go down
https://nrrishere.forumotion.com
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: First car you owned   First car you owned EmptyMon May 02, 2016 4:08 pm

I don't know about anyone else-but I sure do regret selling that car. Who knew how much they would be worth today?.
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: First car you owned   First car you owned EmptyMon May 02, 2016 4:14 pm

HonkyTonkRunner wrote:

That's one hell of a first car. First car you owned 624633195
Back to top Go down
Capt Awesome

Capt Awesome

PostSubject: Re: First car you owned   First car you owned EmptyMon May 02, 2016 4:42 pm

HonkyTonkRunner wrote:
I don't know about anyone else-but I sure do regret selling that car. Who knew how much they would be worth today?.

I absolutely do not regret selling that pregnant rollerskate I once drove. What would it be worth today? The same as it was then... tears and shame.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: First car you owned   First car you owned EmptyMon May 02, 2016 5:17 pm

HonkyTonkRunner wrote:

Pray tell - how did you come by that as a first car?
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: First car you owned   First car you owned EmptyMon May 02, 2016 5:54 pm

Nazaretti wrote:
HonkyTonkRunner wrote:

Pray tell - how did you come by that as a first car?

Well, it helps when your dad owns/owned a car dealership and being the only daughter. First car you owned 1378972199  It wasn't new. I got it in 1983.

Where do I start with the cars we owned back when I was a kid, teenager.? My 2 brothers also had real muscle American cars. Whatever it's called when you need muscle just to put the clutch down, shift and turn the steering wheel.

My dad went with the times as in what sold. He had his dealer license in 1958 and was in business until he retired at age 80.

In the 80's BMWs sold big-so, he stocked that and did well. (But his personal car was always a Buick).

During the 70's he was the only and largest car dealer of station wagons on Long Island. Until the gas crisis hit and almost put him out of business, but the fighter he was-managed not to. (Making a long story short).

Last edited by HonkyTonkRunner on Mon May 02, 2016 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: First car you owned   First car you owned EmptyMon May 02, 2016 6:06 pm

Capt Awesome wrote:
HonkyTonkRunner wrote:

I absolutely do not regret selling that pregnant rollerskate I once drove. What would it be worth today? The same as it was then... tears and shame.

Mine came with a lot of up keep. And 5 bucks of gas didn't get me much.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: First car you owned   First car you owned EmptyMon May 02, 2016 6:26 pm

HonkyTonkRunner wrote:

Well, it helps when your dad owns/owned a car dealership and being the only daughter. First car you owned 1378972199

Nice choice of father you made!
Back to top Go down
Sir Bird

Sir Bird

PostSubject: 1986 Hyundai Excel   First car you owned EmptyMon May 02, 2016 6:39 pm

First car you owned Search?q=1996+hyundai+excel&espv=2&biw=1149&bih=476&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjn-bmxt7zMAhUP1GMKHZEeCE8Q_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=1986+hyundai+excel+hatchback+blue&imgrc=WUBjAF5BHeR45M%3A
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: First car you owned   First car you owned EmptyMon May 02, 2016 7:21 pm

Fun thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First car you owned   First car you owned Empty

Back to top Go down

First car you owned
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mostly Not Running Related :: NRR Refugees :: General Discussion-
Jump to: