Mostly Not Running Related

MNRR is for runners, cyclists or whatever your sport. Pull up a chair, New members welcome!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Daily Workout Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Anotherrun

avatar

Posts : 557
Karma : 566
Join date : 2016-04-05
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Fri May 20, 2016 10:22 am

Enjoyed a morning run today. 4ish miles in the neighborhood. 65 out already.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

avatar

Posts : 637
Karma : 644
Join date : 2016-04-05
Location : Eastern PA

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Fri May 20, 2016 10:29 am

Beautiful day here, too. I set out to do 6 miles but bagged it after 3 - legs are tired from 6 yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

avatar

Posts : 920
Karma : 975
Join date : 2016-04-05
Age : 19
Location : Corinth, Mississippi

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Fri May 20, 2016 11:16 am

Rain, rain, and grey. But no complaints, I don't mind running in the rain.

I'm not doing a very good job of keeping up here, but there's not a lot of variation to report; 10.15 this morning, 10.15 yesterday, 10.25 Tuesday, 10.55 Sunday, 10.1 Saturday . . . Ten miles give or take is my go-to no-plan run and right now I am in between HM training plans.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

avatar

Posts : 637
Karma : 790
Join date : 2016-04-05
Age : 20
Location : New Yawk

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Fri May 20, 2016 6:25 pm

Poppy Ott wrote:
Rain, rain, and grey.  But no complaints, I don't mind running in the rain.  

I'm not doing a very good job of keeping up here, but there's not a lot of variation to report; 10.15 this morning, 10.15 yesterday, 10.25 Tuesday, 10.55 Sunday, 10.1 Saturday . . . Ten miles give or take is my go-to no-plan run and right now I am in between HM training plans.


_________________
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. - Gautama Buddha
Back to top Go down
http://nrrishere.forumotion.com
Poppy Ott

avatar

Posts : 920
Karma : 975
Join date : 2016-04-05
Age : 19
Location : Corinth, Mississippi

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Sat May 21, 2016 8:05 am

Another 10 this morning, in Oakridge, Tennessee, on the River Walk. The only thing of note was the weather — WeatherBug insisted the rain had moved on and there was zero chance of rain until maybe 11:00 am. Don't know why I bother. I ran at 5:00am and it rained the whole time.
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

avatar

Posts : 337
Karma : 447
Join date : 2016-04-05
Age : 47
Location : Las Cruces, NM

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Sun May 22, 2016 8:19 am

Yesterday I did 3 miles. Plan to do another 3 this morning, then head to the gym to do P90X Live.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

avatar

Posts : 637
Karma : 644
Join date : 2016-04-05
Location : Eastern PA

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Sun May 22, 2016 9:49 am

6 miles on the local rail-trail this morning. Good conditions for running - 53 degrees, cloudy, intermittent sprinkles. I wore shorts, a long-sleeve T and a hat to keep the rain off my specs and hide my unruly mop, so as not to alarm passing children and small animals.

Many years ago I was hiking in Washington's Pasayten Wilderness when, totally without warning, a hawk dive-bombed me from behind, scraping its claws through aforesaid unruly mop. While I was trying to figure out WTF just happened, the hawk did a 180 and dive-bombed me again from the front. I hot-footed it up the trail and away from the nest it must have been protecting. I wear hats more often now!
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

avatar

Posts : 637
Karma : 790
Join date : 2016-04-05
Age : 20
Location : New Yawk

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Sun May 22, 2016 8:24 pm

Nazaretti wrote:
6 miles on the local rail-trail this morning.  Good conditions for running - 53 degrees, cloudy, intermittent sprinkles.  I wore shorts, a long-sleeve T and a hat to keep the rain off my specs and hide my unruly mop, so as not to alarm passing children and small animals.

Many years ago I was hiking in Washington's Pasayten Wilderness when, totally without warning, a hawk dive-bombed me from behind, scraping its claws through aforesaid unruly mop.  While I was trying to figure out WTF just happened, the hawk did a 180 and dive-bombed me again from the front.  I hot-footed it up the trail and away from the nest it must have been protecting.  I wear hats more often now!



_________________
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. - Gautama Buddha
Back to top Go down
http://nrrishere.forumotion.com
HonkyTonkRunner

avatar

Posts : 637
Karma : 790
Join date : 2016-04-05
Age : 20
Location : New Yawk

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Mon May 23, 2016 9:08 pm

6.8 miles on a 70 degree sunny day. The rest of the week cloudy and rain. I'll take the one day of joy.

_________________
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. - Gautama Buddha
Back to top Go down
http://nrrishere.forumotion.com
Nazaretti

avatar

Posts : 637
Karma : 644
Join date : 2016-04-05
Location : Eastern PA

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Tue May 24, 2016 10:40 am

Mid-60s but humid this morning. I ran the 5K cross-country course at a local university. I find running on grass much more tiring that on harder, more even surfaces. Looks like I'll have to run 4 times this week to hit my 20 mpw target.
Back to top Go down
BIS

avatar

Posts : 691
Karma : 824
Join date : 2016-04-05
Age : 51
Location : Jackson, CA

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Tue May 24, 2016 4:13 pm

4 mile brisk walk.

_________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. ~Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

avatar

Posts : 920
Karma : 975
Join date : 2016-04-05
Age : 19
Location : Corinth, Mississippi

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Tue May 24, 2016 4:20 pm

10.45 miles this morning.  55° with 85% humidity, which is pretty low for us.  It felt dry and cool.  Nice!
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

avatar

Posts : 637
Karma : 790
Join date : 2016-04-05
Age : 20
Location : New Yawk

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Tue May 24, 2016 7:50 pm

Nazaretti wrote:
Mid-60s but humid this morning.  I ran the 5K cross-country course at a local university.  I find running on grass much more tiring that on harder, more even surfaces.  Looks like I'll have to run 4 times this week to hit my 20 mpw target.


Interesting. I find grass and dirt (trails) easier, like some sort of cushion.

_________________
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. - Gautama Buddha
Back to top Go down
http://nrrishere.forumotion.com
Nazaretti

avatar

Posts : 637
Karma : 644
Join date : 2016-04-05
Location : Eastern PA

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Wed May 25, 2016 7:27 am

HonkyTonkRunner wrote:
Nazaretti wrote:
Mid-60s but humid this morning.  I ran the 5K cross-country course at a local university.  I find running on grass much more tiring that on harder, more even surfaces.  Looks like I'll have to run 4 times this week to hit my 20 mpw target.


Interesting. I find grass and dirt (trails) easier, like some sort of cushion.

I feel like I get more energy return into my legs from a hard surface than from grass. Like the difference between dropping a golf ball on pavement vs. grass.
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

avatar

Posts : 557
Karma : 566
Join date : 2016-04-05
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Thu May 26, 2016 7:50 am

3.15 miles on Tues. 3.1 yesterday. It's hot here. mid 80's and humid. We had rain during the night. little thunder and lightning. Most of it went north of us though.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

avatar

Posts : 637
Karma : 644
Join date : 2016-04-05
Location : Eastern PA

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Fri May 27, 2016 9:11 am

3 miles on the neighborhood roads this morning and I'm sweating like a pig - very humid.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

avatar

Posts : 637
Karma : 790
Join date : 2016-04-05
Age : 20
Location : New Yawk

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Fri May 27, 2016 12:47 pm

Nazaretti wrote:
3 miles on the neighborhood roads this morning and I'm sweating like a pig - very humid.

Same here Naz. As I suspected for this year-no spring, just right into humid summer temps.

Yesterday I ran (then yoga) and the day before. Too humid and I can't run early morning or evening.

_________________
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. - Gautama Buddha
Back to top Go down
http://nrrishere.forumotion.com
HonkyTonkRunner

avatar

Posts : 637
Karma : 790
Join date : 2016-04-05
Age : 20
Location : New Yawk

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Fri May 27, 2016 6:28 pm

Nada. Rest day.

_________________
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. - Gautama Buddha
Back to top Go down
http://nrrishere.forumotion.com
BIS

avatar

Posts : 691
Karma : 824
Join date : 2016-04-05
Age : 51
Location : Jackson, CA

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Fri May 27, 2016 6:46 pm

Hilly 4 mile hike with DW

_________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. ~Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

avatar

Posts : 637
Karma : 644
Join date : 2016-04-05
Location : Eastern PA

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Sun May 29, 2016 8:50 am

Got out early on the shaded rail-trail for 6 miles this morning.
Hey Poppy Ott, how many miles a week do you run?
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

avatar

Posts : 920
Karma : 975
Join date : 2016-04-05
Age : 19
Location : Corinth, Mississippi

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Sun May 29, 2016 12:00 pm

12 miles this morning. 66° and dripping wet humid, but still felt better than the 75° of the past few mornings.

Nazaretti - Weekly milage varies from 45 to 65 most of the year. The weeks immediately before and after a race it drops into the 30's, sometimes lower. So far this year my average is 48 m/week.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

avatar

Posts : 637
Karma : 644
Join date : 2016-04-05
Location : Eastern PA

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Sun May 29, 2016 3:41 pm

Poppy Ott wrote:
12 miles this morning.  66° and dripping wet humid, but still felt better than the 75° of the past few mornings.

Nazaretti - Weekly milage varies from 45 to 65 most of the year.  The weeks immediately before and after a race it drops into the 30's, sometimes lower. So far this year my average is 48 m/week.  

Wow, you must have great mechanics to be able to run that much!
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

avatar

Posts : 557
Karma : 566
Join date : 2016-04-05
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Sun May 29, 2016 5:29 pm

3.25 sat. 4 this morning.
Tomorrow is a planned bike ride.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

avatar

Posts : 920
Karma : 975
Join date : 2016-04-05
Age : 19
Location : Corinth, Mississippi

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Sun May 29, 2016 7:18 pm

Nazaretti wrote:
Poppy Ott wrote:
12 miles this morning.  66° and dripping wet humid, but still felt better than the 75° of the past few mornings.

Nazaretti - Weekly milage varies from 45 to 65 most of the year.  The weeks immediately before and after a race it drops into the 30's, sometimes lower. So far this year my average is 48 m/week.  

Wow, you must have great mechanics to be able to run that much!

Thanks! But to be honest, I really don't know if I do or not. Our LRS maintains a fine selection of running shoes, but is not equipped to do any sort of gait analysis. I just try to remember what the coach told us in HS; 'Look ahead, not down,' 'Lead with your hips,' 'Pump those arms, you're not a statue!' 'Don't sway, run straight, you're not dancing out here!' That sort of thing. Maybe some of it took.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

avatar

Posts : 637
Karma : 644
Join date : 2016-04-05
Location : Eastern PA

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Mon May 30, 2016 9:02 am

Poppy Ott wrote:
Nazaretti wrote:
Poppy Ott wrote:
12 miles this morning.  66° and dripping wet humid, but still felt better than the 75° of the past few mornings.

Nazaretti - Weekly milage varies from 45 to 65 most of the year.  The weeks immediately before and after a race it drops into the 30's, sometimes lower. So far this year my average is 48 m/week.  

Wow, you must have great mechanics to be able to run that much!

Thanks!  But to be honest, I really don't know if I do or not.  Our LRS maintains a fine selection of running shoes, but is not equipped to do any sort of gait analysis.  I just try to remember what the coach told us in HS; 'Look ahead, not down,' 'Lead with your hips,' 'Pump those arms, you're not a statue!' 'Don't sway, run straight, you're not dancing out here!' That sort of thing.  Maybe some of it took.

Sounds like your HS coach kept it short and sweet! From the "favorite quotes" thread - "To say in a paragraph what others say in a book. To say in a paragraph what others do NOT say in a book." --Nietzsche

What were your events in HS? Did you run in college, too?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
Daily Workout Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Celtics Workout Thread
» Plog!! (power log thread)
» Custom Chassis Build Thread
» Camilo's Workout Routine
» The Costume Thread....

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mostly Not Running Related :: NRR Refugees :: General Discussion-
Jump to: