Mostly Not Running Related

MNRR is for runners, cyclists or whatever your sport. Pull up a chair, New members welcome!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Daily Workout Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:53 pm

Poppy Ott wrote:
HonkyTonkRunner wrote:
Poppy Ott wrote:
Five miles this morning.  It was supposed to be right but things happened.  Rolling Eyes

What happened?

Tripped over the stupid nut on the road and broke my foot.  Mad

How a small nut can wreak havoc. I went trail running on Friday and stepped on one causing my foot to twist in a way, the top of my foot was in extreme pain. I walked home and by the next day pain was gone.

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:15 pm

4 miles. I'm finally getting back to a faster pace.

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:43 pm

6.5. 55 degrees and the peak of the leaves turning. Nice day.

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:38 pm

1 mile before I stopped because my back hurt. Beautiful day, though!
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:09 pm

Deep water running. Started Tuesday with 50 minutes, 60 minutes yesterday and 45 this morning. Figuring out equivalents of 'easy' and 'tempo' (the only ones I've tried do far) has been a bit of a puzzle.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:55 am

Poppy Ott wrote:
Deep water running.  Started Tuesday with 50 minutes, 60 minutes yesterday and 45 this morning.  Figuring out equivalents of 'easy' and  'tempo' (the only ones I've tried do far) has been a bit of a puzzle.

Is this helping?

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:29 pm

PO- How is your injury healing?

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:50 pm

Yoga today. I usually do yoga on Monday, but I needed a restful day today. Will run tomorrow. Also, tomorrow is my post holidays/vacation/indulgence weigh in day... I can hardly wait. lol!
Hoping the net gain is 2# or less. I had spaghetti and meatballs for dinner....it must stop. Wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:24 am

3 miles this morning. I've been trying to at least keep the pot on simmer during the winter weather. Haven't weighed myself in weeks and am scared to now!
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:43 pm

5 miles on the elliptical.  This was in late morning, a first for me.  I have done a few, very few, late afternoon runs, but none I can remember at midday.  It wasn't bad, I was awake and not work-tired.  It was too hot, though, and I had to drag a fan over and turn it on high.  It's nearly always too hot.  The gym is open to anyone who wants to join, but it does focus on rehab so there are a lot of older people who want the thermostat turned up.  

I haven't weighed myself since breaking my foot, but my clothes haven't gotten any tighter, and I am taking the head-in-sand approach and interpreting that to mean I haven't gained much.  Cool
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:01 pm

You guys crack me up. My hubs won't weigh himself either. Well I called it. Up 2#. So far a really clean day of eating, and I have a salad made and ready to go to work with me tomorrow. Ack! Treadmill today for a whopping 3.25 miles. Thinking I need to hit the Yoga mat again tonight for relaxation.
Poppy, I have never been able to handle the elliptical. I feel uncoordinated on it. Treadmill, bike, rower for me. I suppose if I broke my foot, and it was all I could do, I would give it a try. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:03 pm

Anotherrun wrote:
You guys crack me up.  My hubs won't weigh himself either.   Well I called it.  Up 2#. So far a really clean day of eating, and I have a salad made and ready to go to work with me tomorrow.  Ack!  Treadmill today for a whopping 3.25 miles.  Thinking I need to hit the Yoga mat again tonight for relaxation.  
Poppy, I have never been able to handle the elliptical.  I feel uncoordinated on it.  Treadmill, bike, rower for me.  I suppose if I broke my foot, and it was all I could do, I would give it a try.  Very Happy

I don't have a lot of choice right now, but even when I do I prefer the elliptical over the treadmill. I never feel easy on the treadmill. I worry I'll stumble, fall, shoot off the back and end up on YouTube.
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:57 pm

5 miles on the treadmill. Longest run since Christmas weekend. Felt good. Planning a family team for a breast cancer awareness race 4/23. I have a sister in law and now a nephews wife is also undergoing treatments. 70y/o and a 29y/o. I don't really know how to wrap my head around it. My nephews wife is just starting her fight. My sis in law is doing pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:00 pm

Anotherrun wrote:
5 miles on the treadmill.  Longest run since Christmas weekend.  Felt good.  Planning a family team for a breast cancer awareness race 4/23.  I have a sister in law and now a nephews wife is also undergoing treatments.  70y/o and a 29y/o.   I don't really know how to wrap my head around it.  My nephews wife is just starting her fight.  My sis in law is doing pretty well.  

Wow, what a nasty coincidence! The race sounds like a very good cause.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:20 am

Nazaretti wrote:
Anotherrun wrote:
5 miles on the treadmill.  Longest run since Christmas weekend.  Felt good.  Planning a family team for a breast cancer awareness race 4/23.  I have a sister in law and now a nephews wife is also undergoing treatments.  70y/o and a 29y/o.   I don't really know how to wrap my head around it.  My nephews wife is just starting her fight.  My sis in law is doing pretty well.  

Wow, what a nasty coincidence!  The race sounds like a very good cause.

So sorry, AR. That's a lot to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:37 pm

Thanks guys. I think our team has 24 people registered. I am looking forward to the family being together. Also, doing the race makes it feel like I am doing something.
Anyway,
How's things in PA and MS? We have had a lovely mild few weeks in Michigan, gray skies, but no snow on the ground. Change is coming though, snow.. Ugh, but back to the thread title. I have been running! 4 miles today. 18 miles last week. And, as stated, I am going to run a race in April! First one in over 2 years. Yikes.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:35 pm

The weather here in NE Mississippi is schizophrenic or manic/depressive or something. We've been bouncing from sub-freezing to temps in the 70-80's. It's nuts and rough on people. Lots of folks with colds/bronchitis/pneumonia. Fortunately we have so far avoided all that.

I only have two races on the calendar for 2017, the Bloomsday 12K run in May, and the Chicago Marathon in October. I'm starting to get antsy about Bloomsday; I'm still in the boot and I need to be doing more than elliptical 'running' five days a week.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:10 am

Poppy Ott wrote:
The weather here in NE Mississippi is schizophrenic or manic/depressive or something.  We've been bouncing from sub-freezing to temps in the 70-80's. It's nuts and rough on people. Lots of folks with colds/bronchitis/pneumonia.  Fortunately we have so far avoided all that.

I only have two races on the calendar for 2017, the Bloomsday 12K run in May, and the Chicago Marathon in October.  I'm starting to get antsy about Bloomsday; I'm still in the boot and I need to be doing more than elliptical 'running' five days a week.

Better safe than sorry on the 12K!

My Spring campaign usually opens with a cross-country 5K put on by a local university in early May. I noticed a rail-trail 8K on April 1 that I may run, if the weather is good.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:34 pm

I went out to that local university cross-country course this morning for the first time in months. It was chilly - low 30s - but I was dressed right. Set off on the 5 mile course, felt pretty good until a steep hill about halfway through. Got up the hill OK, but at the top my calf twinged. From past experience, that particular twinge means "STOP NOW!", so I limped the mile back to the car. We'll see how long it takes to settle down.
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:17 pm

Nazaretti, hoping you heal up quickly. You brought back a good memory. My favorite race I've ever run was an 8k in Lansing. Perfect weather day, 6 of us ran that day, we all had a blast. Playmaker's Autumn Classic. Good memories.
As far as my workouts, I've been trying to get some consistent days in. Trying. Just 4 this week. Goal is 5 a week. Always chasing a goal it seems.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:41 pm

Nazareth - I hope the calf settles down quickly.

I have been hitting the elliptical 4-5 times a week, and swimming laps once a week. Rest day today.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:55 pm

Nazaretti wrote:
I went out to that local university cross-country course this morning for the first time in months.  It was chilly - low 30s - but I was dressed right.  Set off on the 5 mile course, felt pretty good until a steep hill about halfway through.  Got up the hill OK, but at the top my calf twinged.  From past experience, that particular twinge means "STOP NOW!", so I limped the mile back to the car.  We'll see how long it takes to settle down.

Ugh. Hope you feel better.

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:57 pm

I've gotten back to my hot yoga. Not so much for the stretching, but for the meditation after the class. Very relaxing.

I did some speed work yesterday. I forgot how great that felt. No pain today! A milestone for me.

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:58 pm

Anotherrun wrote:
Nazaretti, hoping you heal up quickly. You brought back a good memory.  My favorite race I've ever run was an 8k in Lansing.  Perfect weather day, 6 of us ran that day, we all had a blast.  Playmaker's Autumn Classic.  Good memories.
As far as my workouts, I've been trying to get some consistent days in.  Trying.  Just 4 this week.  Goal is 5 a week.  Always chasing a goal it seems.

That's more than a lot of people do AR!

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:58 pm

Poppy Ott wrote:
Nazareth - I hope the calf settles down quickly.

I have been hitting the elliptical 4-5 times a week, and swimming laps once a week.  Rest day today.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily Workout Thread   

Back to top Go down

Daily Workout Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next