Mostly Not Running Related
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mostly Not Running Related

MNRR is for runners, cyclists or whatever your sport. Pull up a chair, New members welcome!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Whatcha Reading?

Go down 
+3
BurlGirl
Spunkybubbles5
Capt Awesome
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Capt Awesome

Capt Awesome

Whatcha Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Whatcha Reading?   Whatcha Reading? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 10:38 am

Always good to hear what other people are reading and what they think about it.

Currently I'm reading:
The Year of the Flood, book 2 of the Maddaddam trilogy by Margaret Atwood - very interesting post-apocalyptic novels
11/22/63 by Stephen King - just starting it but in my eyes even a bad King book is entertaining, and this one is starting pretty well
Third Shift, book 3 of the Shift trilogy by Hugh Howey, itself the middle trilogy of the Silo series. Been stuck on this one for awhile, the first series, Wool, was amazing... Shift has been going slowly, and I have to finish it with Dust.
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

Whatcha Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Reading?   Whatcha Reading? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 12:29 pm

I'm reading The Calendar Girl series. I'm on March. It's 10X's worse then 50 Shades of Grey. I've never read about so much sex in all my life!!! Yet, I can't seem to put it down for some reason. Lol
Back to top Go down
BurlGirl

BurlGirl

Whatcha Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Reading?   Whatcha Reading? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 12:37 pm

Dead in the Water, Forever Awake. True story about the mysterious, unexplained drowning young men.

Second book I've read on this topic and it's quite disturbing - especially if you have sons aged 18-25.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

Whatcha Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Reading?   Whatcha Reading? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 12:47 pm

BurlGirl wrote:
Dead in the Water, Forever Awake.  True story about the mysterious, unexplained drowning young men.

Second book I've read on this topic and it's quite disturbing - especially if you have sons aged 18-25.

Sounds creepy. I hope you balance it with something more upbeat!
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

Whatcha Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Reading?   Whatcha Reading? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 12:49 pm

I'm reading "Nunquam" by Lawrence Durrell. It's a bit of a slog.

Recently finished "Thunder Dog" by Michael Hingson - true story of a man whose seeing eye dog helped him escape from the 78th floor of the World Trade Center on 9/11. A good read!
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

Whatcha Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Reading?   Whatcha Reading? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 1:12 pm

BurlGirl wrote:
Dead in the Water, Forever Awake.  True story about the mysterious, unexplained drowning young men.

That sounds really interesting. I've never heard of this before.
Back to top Go down
BurlGirl

BurlGirl

Whatcha Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Reading?   Whatcha Reading? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 2:36 pm

Spunkybubbles5 wrote:
BurlGirl wrote:

That sounds really interesting. I've never heard of this before.

I became intrigued after we had a "bunch" of winter drownings in Maine that were listed as "accidental drownings while intoxicated". To me that sounded suspicious as most people don't recreate near open water sources in the winter time. Then coincidently I was in Boston (in February), and the local new station was commenting on a similar type drowning.

The similarity struck me as odd, so I did a few Google searches, only to learn that it has been an ongoing phenomonen since 1997. Lots of theories, but no proof of anything.

Very interesting read...
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

Whatcha Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Reading?   Whatcha Reading? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 2:39 pm

James Garners Autobiography was the last book. I have always liked him in the old western spoofs and the Rockford Files. Pretty interesting book and really reveals what it was like for studio contract actors back in the 70's.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

Whatcha Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Reading?   Whatcha Reading? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 8:14 pm

I'm catching up on reading my trade industry periodicals, and my subscription to Psychology Today.
Back to top Go down
https://nrrishere.forumotion.com
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

Whatcha Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Reading?   Whatcha Reading? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 8:43 pm

Re-reading Dance For A Diamond, by Christopher Murphy. It's a romance/thriller I guess would be the classification, that takes place in England, South Africa and points between, and involves the adventures of an accidental diamond smuggler. It came out in 1985, just before we moved to Malawi where we lived for the next nine years. A good beach read and especially interesting to me, having been to most of the locations described in the book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Whatcha Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatcha Reading?   Whatcha Reading? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whatcha Reading?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mostly Not Running Related :: NRR Refugees :: General Discussion-
Jump to: