Mostly Not Running Related
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mostly Not Running Related

MNRR is for runners, cyclists or whatever your sport. Pull up a chair, New members welcome!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Well it actually ended....

Go down 
+5
Nazaretti
gypsynurse222
Spunkybubbles5
BIS
HonkyTonkRunner
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

Well it actually ended.... Empty
PostSubject: Well it actually ended....   Well it actually ended.... EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 3:03 pm

at least on April 7. Maybe the signs were there. maybe too much work for the mods. Or mod.

:evil:
Back to top Go down
https://nrrishere.forumotion.com
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: Well it actually ended....   Well it actually ended.... EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 3:10 pm

They have killed it before. Hard to believe once it was the most active forum at RWOL. Just as well, it had become so lame and over policed.
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

PostSubject: Re: Well it actually ended....   Well it actually ended.... EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 3:24 pm

Yeah, right as I was ready to get back from my hiatus. Oh well, I'm excited for this new forum. Smile
Back to top Go down
gypsynurse222

gypsynurse222

PostSubject: Re: Well it actually ended....   Well it actually ended.... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 12:14 pm

Does anyone know why?
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: Well it actually ended....   Well it actually ended.... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 12:31 pm

Hi gypsynurse and welcome to the forum.

Here is their explanation from RWOL:

RW Community Administrator
RW COMMUNITY ADMINISTRATORMODERATOR
4/5/1610:31 AM
On Thursday, April 7, we’ll close two forums – Not Running Related and Opinion.

These forums are outside the intended purpose of the Runner’s World forums, which is to provide the exchange of running information, encouragement, and motivation among those who run.

We appreciate the contributions many people have made to these two forums, and we recognize that several people have been posting there for quite a while. Our hope is that those who have productively contributed will continue to share running experiences in our other forums.

These two forums will be closed to comments on Thursday, April 7, and deleted on Tuesday, April 12.

We have updated the rules to reflect these changes.

Thank you.

Personally I think there biggest problem since I have used the forums going back quite a few years was their lack of any decent moderation.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Well it actually ended....   Well it actually ended.... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 12:43 pm

gypsynurse222 wrote:
Does anyone know why?

Hey GN! Glad to see you here!!!

flower
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Well it actually ended....   Well it actually ended.... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 1:30 pm

BIS wrote:
Hi gypsynurse and welcome to the forum.

Here is their explanation from RWOL:

RW Community Administrator
RW COMMUNITY ADMINISTRATORMODERATOR
4/5/1610:31 AM
On Thursday, April 7, we’ll close two forums – Not Running Related and Opinion.

These forums are outside the intended purpose of the Runner’s World forums, which is to provide the exchange of running information, encouragement, and motivation among those who run.

We appreciate the contributions many people have made to these two forums, and we recognize that several people have been posting there for quite a while. Our hope is that those who have productively contributed will continue to share running experiences in our other forums.

These two forums will be closed to comments on Thursday, April 7, and deleted on Tuesday, April 12.

We have updated the rules to reflect these changes.

Thank you.

Personally I think there biggest problem since I have used the forums going back quite a few years was their lack of any decent moderation.

Seems like they want all sweetness and light and pooping rainbows on their forum. Wishy-washy in the extreme.
Back to top Go down
gypsynurse222

gypsynurse222

PostSubject: Re: Well it actually ended....   Well it actually ended.... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 6:05 pm

Thanks for having me! I had no idea RW was giving them the axe. Glad we have a place to go. Razz
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Well it actually ended....   Well it actually ended.... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 8:25 pm

I am still having some withdrawals.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Well it actually ended....   Well it actually ended.... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 8:35 pm

Anotherrun wrote:
I am still having some withdrawals.

Me too. Almost since MNMFlats started it, first stop before the morning run was Word Association. I know, big surprise, right?
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Well it actually ended....   Well it actually ended.... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 8:52 pm

No. Wink
Back to top Go down
Banana!!

Banana!!

PostSubject: Re: Well it actually ended....   Well it actually ended.... EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 5:22 pm

I was there when Kevin Knabe and S*S, who together, if brains was gunpowder, wouldn't have enough to make a decent sparkler, killed L&O because they thought it was too wild. People raised enough heck that they created NRR and Opinions to shut us up. Sadly, there aren't enough people there anymore to raise any heck.
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: Well it actually ended....   Well it actually ended.... EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 5:25 pm

Banana!! wrote:
I was there when Kevin Knabe and S*S, who together, if brains was gunpowder, wouldn't have enough to make a decent sparkler, killed L&O because they thought it was too wild. People raised enough heck that they created NRR and Opinions to shut us up. Sadly, there aren't enough people there anymore to raise any heck.

So was I. I was one of the beta testers whatever POS new software they wasted the money on. Kevin asked for the groups suggestions on how to make the forum successful and than ignored every one.
Back to top Go down
Banana!!

Banana!!

PostSubject: Re: Well it actually ended....   Well it actually ended.... EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 5:39 pm

BIS wrote:
Banana!! wrote:

So was I. I was one of the beta testers whatever POS new software they wasted the money on. Kevin asked for the groups suggestions on how to make the forum successful and than ignored every one.

Back in the day L&O was hopping with many, many forumites. I attended many local FEs where easily more than a dozen forumites from just my area would attend. Races, backyard BBQs, etc. Software changes diluted the numbers over the years, then this final run of stupidity I guess has killed it dead.
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: Well it actually ended....   Well it actually ended.... EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 5:41 pm

Yup.
Back to top Go down
RSX

RSX

PostSubject: Re: Well it actually ended....   Well it actually ended.... EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 12:18 am

I think the whole forum will be gone in a year. The spam is too much, and they don't market well. At the Boston Expo some big names are presenting, plus appearing at their booth selling books. Try finding that on RW anywhere. But if I want to hear about someone's weight loss daily, they don't let me forget.
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: Well it actually ended....   Well it actually ended.... EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 12:24 am

The traffic on all their forums have dropped. I'd like to meet the person that convinces them to change platforms every couple years to an even crappier version than before. Plus crap moderation. I know you were back there in the good L&O days. It was fun and busy. They took a winner and trashed it.

Hopefully we can bring some of that back.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Well it actually ended....   Well it actually ended.... EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 11:29 am

Banana!! wrote:

You can say hell here B man. Cool
Back to top Go down
RSX

RSX

PostSubject: Re: Well it actually ended....   Well it actually ended.... EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 10:53 pm

BIS wrote:
The traffic on all their forums have dropped. I'd like to meet the person that convinces them to change platforms every couple years to an even crappier version than before. Plus crap moderation. I know you were back there in the good L&O days. It was fun and busy. They took a winner and trashed it.

Hopefully we can bring some of that back.

I wonder if Facebook is replacing forums. I started on RW years ago because the Boston forum was 1 of their first ones. That group was big each year as newbs started asking questions about the race, logistics, etc. Veterans were always happy to answer questions or share info. I noticed that crowd is very small compared to what it used to be.

Typical of the spam we see on RW nowadays, when I walked by their booth at the Expo today they tried to give me a bunch of crap.
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: Well it actually ended....   Well it actually ended.... EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 10:59 pm

FB, instagram, snapchat, twitter. Sure all of these things. That makes it all the more important for places like RWOL to offer a great experience and quality moderation. I firmly believe the original forum had it been actually improved over time instead trashed regularly could still be a thriving place.

Whatever, things change. Maybe that's not a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
RSX

RSX

PostSubject: Re: Well it actually ended....   Well it actually ended.... EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 11:05 pm

BIS wrote:
FB, instagram, snapchat, twitter. Sure all of these things. That makes it all the more important for places like RWOL to offer a great experience and quality moderation. I firmly believe the original forum had it been actually improved over time instead trashed regularly could still be a thriving place.

I think they dropped the ball. They got so used to banning people, and having a bunch of replacements so got cocky. I doubt those numbers will ever come back. I'm not in Marketing but love the concept or lack of in their case.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Well it actually ended....   Well it actually ended.... EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 7:30 pm

RSX wrote:
BIS wrote:

I think they dropped the ball. They got so used to banning people, and having a bunch of replacements so got cocky. I doubt those numbers will ever come back. I'm not in Marketing but love the concept or lack of in their case.

Good point about social media, but there are still a lot of folks that prefer a forum format, where they can choose or post a topic. .

Love the avatar RSX. Well it actually ended.... 1378972199
Back to top Go down
RSX

RSX

PostSubject: Re: Well it actually ended....   Well it actually ended.... EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 1:12 am

HonkyTonkRunner wrote:
RSX wrote:
BIS wrote:

Good point about social media, but there are still a lot of folks that prefer a forum format, where they can choose or post a topic. .

Love the avatar RSX. Well it actually ended.... 1378972199

I wonder if forums are for an older group on average. My running club has a forum and FB. Someone asked me which was better recently. I said that FB is much more popular, but if I want to find 1 topic easily it's the forum.
Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

PostSubject: Re: Well it actually ended....   Well it actually ended.... EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 7:42 am

I agree with RSX. I like forums better for the purpose of finding topics. I also like the annonimity of forums. This is the only forum I'm on now though. All my others have gone to FB. Sad
Back to top Go down
Banana!!

Banana!!

PostSubject: Re: Well it actually ended....   Well it actually ended.... EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 7:55 am

Facebook isn't very fruit friendly. They wouldn't allow a Banana!! to join so I had to use a disguise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well it actually ended....   Well it actually ended.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Well it actually ended....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mostly Not Running Related :: NRR Refugees :: General Discussion-
Jump to: