Mostly Not Running Related
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mostly Not Running Related

MNRR is for runners, cyclists or whatever your sport. Pull up a chair, New members welcome!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views

Go down 
+2
kevindsingleton
Nazaretti
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views Empty
PostSubject: OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views   OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 8:23 am

Let's see if we can draw out a lurking Shogun!

So The Donald's first reaction was, if abortion is illegal then a woman who aborts her zygote/embryo/fetus should be punished. Seems logical to me. How can "pro-life" people claim their position is anything other than this?

And how about those stinkin' Phillies? 0-4 already!
Back to top Go down
kevindsingleton

PostSubject: Re: OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views   OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 9:22 am

If abortion was illegal, what would be your position on punishing someone who violated that law?
Back to top Go down
marmot84

marmot84

PostSubject: Re: OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views   OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 9:48 am

Nazaretti wrote:

So The Donald's first reaction was, if abortion is illegal then a woman who aborts her zygote/embryo/fetus should be punished.  Seems logical to me.  How can "pro-life" people claim their position is anything other than this?

And how about those stinkin' Phillies?  0-4 already!

He he he... my Tigers are 3-0 and just beat the Yanks.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views   OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 10:45 am

kevindsingleton wrote:
If abortion was illegal, what would be your position on punishing someone who violated that law?

Punish the offender. Community service would be one option.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views   OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 10:59 am

marmot84 wrote:
Nazaretti wrote:

So The Donald's first reaction was, if abortion is illegal then a woman who aborts her zygote/embryo/fetus should be punished.  Seems logical to me.  How can "pro-life" people claim their position is anything other than this?

And how about those stinkin' Phillies?  0-4 already!

He he he... my Tigers are 3-0 and just beat the Yanks.  

I don't know about the weather on Neptune, but it is snowing here in Eastern PA and I have had it with this effing winter!
Back to top Go down
Shogun

PostSubject: Re: OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views   OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 11:44 am

It is a logical position but a very unPC one. If abortion were made illegal (something that will never happen) then both parties should face some punishment. But even today with things like prostitution only the one getting the money is punished, that is wrong also
Back to top Go down
kevindsingleton

PostSubject: Re: OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views   OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 12:46 pm

Shogun wrote:
But even today with things like prostitution only the one getting the money is punished, that is wrong also

That's not true. "Johns" are almost always arrested, often as a result of a vice squad "sting", in which an officer poses as a prostitute. In those cases, only the payer is punished.

I wonder why there is no outcry for these attempts to legislate morality?
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views   OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 12:50 pm

Shogun wrote:
It is a logical position but a very unPC one.  If abortion were made illegal (something that will never happen) then both parties should face some punishment.  But even today with things like prostitution only the one getting the money is punished, that is wrong also

I thought abortion already was illegal, in many cases.
Back to top Go down
Shogun

PostSubject: Re: OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views   OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 12:56 pm

Nazaretti wrote:
Shogun wrote:
It is a logical position but a very unPC one.  If abortion were made illegal (something that will never happen) then both parties should face some punishment.  But even today with things like prostitution only the one getting the money is punished, that is wrong also

for the most part no. Since one deciding factor is "health" of the mother anything that would be a detriment to the mothers health, including mental health would be grounds for an abortion, even well after the first trimester.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views   OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 1:04 pm

Shogun wrote:
Nazaretti wrote:
Shogun wrote:

for the most part no.  Since one deciding factor is "health" of the mother anything that would be a detriment to the mothers health, including mental health would be grounds for an abortion, even well after the first trimester.

From the paprolife.org web site: "Abortion is legal for any reason by any means during the first six months of pregnancy, but in the last trimester of pregnancy, abortion is restricted only to cases when the life of the mother is seriously threatened or when pregnancy would result in irreversible impairment of a major bodily function."

Admittedly, that "major bodily function" clause could be used as a loophole large enough to drive a truck through.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views   OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 8:05 pm

I'm pro choice. IMO. Whether a prez candidate is pro choice or pro life
should have no baring if he should be commander in chief. It will never be illegal so it shouldn't be a major topic for candidates.
Back to top Go down
https://nrrishere.forumotion.com
Shogun

PostSubject: Re: OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views   OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 6:50 pm

Nazaretti wrote:
Shogun wrote:
Nazaretti wrote:
Shogun wrote:

for the most part no.  Since one deciding factor is "health" of the mother anything that would be a detriment to the mothers health, including mental health would be grounds for an abortion, even well after the first trimester.

From the paprolife.org web site:  "Abortion is legal for any reason by any means during the first six months of pregnancy, but in the last trimester of pregnancy, abortion is restricted only to cases when the life of the mother is seriously threatened or when pregnancy would result in irreversible impairment of a major bodily function."

Admittedly, that "major bodily function" clause could be used as a loophole large enough to drive a truck through.

And it varies from state to state what the cut off date is and what the exceptions are for going past that date.
Back to top Go down
Capt Awesome

Capt Awesome

PostSubject: Re: OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views   OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 9:19 am

HonkyTonkRunner wrote:
should have no baring if he should be commander in chief. It will never be illegal so it shouldn't be a major topic for candidates.

Don't be so sure. I don't think Trump would make any changes, he flip-flops so much and changes his views depending on what he thinks voters want to hear, in the end I don't think he'd change the status quo. However, making abortion illegal would be the second priority of a Cruz administration. First priority, filling that empty seat on the Supreme Court with an ultra-Conservative religious fanatic like himself who would make overturning Roe vs. Wade that much more likely. In a lot of ways, I think Cruz is far more dangerous to the country than Trump..
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views   OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 9:42 am

Capt Awesome wrote:
HonkyTonkRunner wrote:

Don't be so sure. I don't think Trump would make any changes, he flip-flops so much and changes his views depending on what he thinks voters want to hear, in the end I don't think he'd change the status quo. However, making abortion illegal would be the second priority of a Cruz administration. First priority, filling that empty seat on the Supreme Court with an ultra-Conservative religious fanatic like himself who would make overturning Roe vs. Wade that much more likely. In a lot of ways, I think Cruz is far more dangerous to the country than Trump..

I agree.
Back to top Go down
https://nrrishere.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views   OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views Empty

Back to top Go down

OPINION: Donald Trump's abortion views
Page 1 of 1