Mostly Not Running Related

MNRR is for runners, cyclists or whatever your sport. Pull up a chair, New members welcome!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Going to a restaurant we have never been to..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HonkyTonkRunner

avatar

Posts : 637
Karma : 790
Join date : 2016-04-05
Age : 20
Location : New Yawk

PostSubject: Going to a restaurant we have never been to..   Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:47 pm

It's a pricey place and we have a gift certificate.
We don't know anyone who has eaten at this place before and we need to make a dollar stretch.

It's a "little bit of everything menu".

Besides red meat, any suggestions what I should order?

_________________
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. - Gautama Buddha
Back to top Go down
http://nrrishere.forumotion.com
Anotherrun

avatar

Posts : 557
Karma : 566
Join date : 2016-04-05
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Going to a restaurant we have never been to..   Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:10 pm

Me, I eat fish as much as possible when out, I don't like to cook fish.

Do they have a menu on the web you can stalk a bit? I like to do that. I have been looking at Yard House menu, we don't have that chain near here, but will be around the corner from one next week. So, been drooling over the online menu... I like to surf the web though...

Back to top Go down
RSX

avatar

Posts : 129
Karma : 133
Join date : 2016-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Going to a restaurant we have never been to..   Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:43 pm

What about going there for lunch instead of dinner? I'm guessing you're concerned about the extra amount you would pay.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

avatar

Posts : 637
Karma : 790
Join date : 2016-04-05
Age : 20
Location : New Yawk

PostSubject: Re: Going to a restaurant we have never been to..   Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:24 am

Anotherrun wrote:
Me, I eat fish as much as possible when out, I don't like to cook fish.

Do they have a menu on the web you can stalk a bit?  I like to do that.  I have been looking at Yard House menu, we don't have that chain near here, but will be around the corner from one next week.  So, been drooling over the online menu... I like to surf the web though...


Duh! never thought of that. Thanks.

_________________
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. - Gautama Buddha
Back to top Go down
http://nrrishere.forumotion.com
HonkyTonkRunner

avatar

Posts : 637
Karma : 790
Join date : 2016-04-05
Age : 20
Location : New Yawk

PostSubject: Re: Going to a restaurant we have never been to..   Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:24 am

RSX wrote:
What about going there for lunch instead of dinner? I'm guessing you're concerned about the extra amount you would pay.

I only wish we had the time or a day to go out to lunch.

_________________
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. - Gautama Buddha
Back to top Go down
http://nrrishere.forumotion.com
Anotherrun

avatar

Posts : 557
Karma : 566
Join date : 2016-04-05
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Going to a restaurant we have never been to..   Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:35 pm

Choose something wonderful, I would like to hear about it... And live(eat) vicariously through you. it will be January and I will be on my annual rekick of healthy eating habits... Oh boy! It's going to be fun withdrawing from the sugar habit I have acquired the past few weeks.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

avatar

Posts : 637
Karma : 790
Join date : 2016-04-05
Age : 20
Location : New Yawk

PostSubject: Re: Going to a restaurant we have never been to..   Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:55 pm

Anotherrun wrote:
Choose something wonderful, I would like to hear about it... And live(eat) vicariously through you.  it will be January and I will be on my annual rekick of healthy eating habits... Oh boy!  It's going to be fun withdrawing from the sugar habit I have acquired the past few weeks.

LOL. I've put on weight AR and I feel uncomfortable.

Day 2 of my diet of no white refined sugar, red meat, and snacking at night in front of TV. I can feel the extra weight in my runs.

The last hoorah was New Year's Day. My mother-in-law made a 3 course dinner (not including the antipasto) and Italian pastries for dessert.




_________________
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. - Gautama Buddha
Back to top Go down
http://nrrishere.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Going to a restaurant we have never been to..   

Back to top Go down
 
Going to a restaurant we have never been to..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Chicago restaurant poll
» Any good restaurant near Palm Resorts after a game?
» Bolt's restaurant in Jamaica "Tracks & Records" attracts tourists from around the world
» Good Seafood Restaurant in Batam
» Ottawa Restaurant Reviews - or - Where are you eating now?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mostly Not Running Related :: NRR Refugees :: General Discussion-
Jump to: