Mostly Not Running Related

MNRR is for runners, cyclists or whatever your sport. Pull up a chair, New members welcome!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What Is A Challenge You Would Never Want To Face?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: What Is A Challenge You Would Never Want To Face?   Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:24 pm

Trying to beat stage 4 breast cancer. It's a horrible disease. My sister in law is trying to battle it.
As usual, no rhythm or reason how/why she got it.

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: What Is A Challenge You Would Never Want To Face?   Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:12 pm

Sorry to hear about your sister.
My nightmare would be the death of one of my children.
Back to top Go down
BIS

PostSubject: Re: What Is A Challenge You Would Never Want To Face?   Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:52 pm

Sorry to hear about your SIL. I hope she battles to victory.

For me ALS. Having seen it firsthand with my FIL. Crushing horrible certain death that leaves your mind acute and your body failing bit by bit until you can do nothing for yourself except watch your loved ones struggle with your misery. I would absolutely comply with a loved ones assisted suicide. Living without hope is no way to live at all.

PostSubject: Re: What Is A Challenge You Would Never Want To Face?   Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:07 pm

All the above, add Alzheimers to my list. HTR, I am sorry to hear of your SIL's illness. One of my SIL's also battling stage 4 breast cancer, a reoccurrence, she was 20+ years post first episode when diagnosed. I do have to say, watching and hearing her faith and graceful acceptance of the battle is very powerful.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: What Is A Challenge You Would Never Want To Face?   Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:42 pm

All of the above as well. I didn't want to post more than one and sound like a downer.
Thanks for the thoughts for my SIL.

AR- thank you for the encouragement. And I hope the best for your SIL.
I'm proud to say my SIL is my hero, how she remains strong with hope.
I understand how it's a life long journey when diagnosed with stage 4 BC.
So-thumbs up to all my heroes!

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: What Is A Challenge You Would Never Want To Face?   Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:44 pm

BIS wrote:

For me ALS. Having seen it firsthand with my FIL. Crushing horrible certain death that leaves your mind acute and your body failing bit by bit until you can do nothing for yourself except watch your loved ones struggle with your misery. I would absolutely comply with a loved ones assisted suicide. Living without hope is no way to live at all.

This is actually a common question asked of people. I would too.
I've experienced people prisoners of their own body suffering. Namely my dad.
I would hope the same is done to me if I were like them.

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: What Is A Challenge You Would Never Want To Face?   Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:44 am

Sorry about your SIL, HTR. Hope she beats it this time, too.

All of the above are awful. I hope to go quietly, in my sleep. And if not that, then like my Dad, doing something I love (he was gardening), and just fall over, gone, without endangering anyone.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: What Is A Challenge You Would Never Want To Face?   Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:31 am

HonkyTonkRunner wrote:
BIS wrote:

This is actually a common question asked of people. I would too.
I've experienced people prisoners of their own body suffering. Namely my dad.
I would hope the same is done to me if I were like them.

Edit; to people

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: What Is A Challenge You Would Never Want To Face?   Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:32 am

Poppy Ott wrote:
Sorry about your SIL, HTR.  Hope she beats it this time, too.

All of the above are awful.  I hope to go quietly, in my sleep.  And if not that, then like my Dad, doing something I love (he was gardening), and just fall over, gone, without endangering anyone.

Sorry about your dad PO.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Is A Challenge You Would Never Want To Face?   

Back to top Go down

What Is A Challenge You Would Never Want To Face?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1