Mostly Not Running Related

MNRR is for runners, cyclists or whatever your sport. Pull up a chair, New members welcome!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:45 pm

Why is it so quiet here? I have been posting more back on RW forums. But I don't converse with anyone there. Poppy, HTR, and a few others from NRR I hit the like just cause, well NRR solidarity. I still come here and check what's new about once a day or once every other day. Been really quiet though. I gave up my fb account a few weeks ago. I opened it just to follow some NRR friends, but I don't like fb, so left there. Probably should have said goodbye...oops.but anyway, just wanted to share what was on my mind.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:46 pm

[crickets]

Where is HTR?
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:51 pm

Anotherrun wrote:
Why is it so quiet here?  I have been posting more back on RW forums.  But I don't converse with anyone there.  Poppy, HTR, and a few others from NRR I hit the like just cause, well NRR solidarity.   I still come here and check what's new about once a day or once every other day.  Been really quiet though.    I gave up my fb account a few weeks ago.  I opened it just to follow some NRR friends, but I don't like fb, so left there.  Probably should have said goodbye...oops.but anyway, just wanted to share what was on my mind.  

Why is it so quiet here? I don't know. Or rather, I have no general answer. I can speak for myself though, and I feel I bit guilty about not contributing more. So, here's my excuse reasons — busy life and habits.

For the past several years my routine (habit) has been to go to the Beginners' forum on RWOL after the morning run, check out NRR during breakfast, and then go to work. Once the work day starts I'm occupied fairly steadily so if I don't get online soon after my morning run, or after getting out of bed on non-running days, there's a real good chance I won't have much online presence later in the day. I may peek in briefly thru the day to see what's going on, but not have time to post. 'Word Association' is easy, besides being fun. A quick read, type the one word that comes to mind (and try to anticipate the next response) and I'm off to see the next patient. The +1 thread is similar. But to sit down at the computer or iPad and compose something coherent, like I'm attempting to do now? Unless someone cancels, and I also don't have patient notes or insurance letters to write, and there's no lab work to do, that isn't going to happen. (I do check who's online regularly but that doesn't take much time. We do get a fair number of guests/lurkers.)

The office is not open on most Monday's or Fridays, but that doesn't mean I'm not there. I spent this morning doing lab work, then we had to drive to Jackson, Tennessee for office supplies and we just got home. A typical Monday 'day off.' Which leaves evenings. We often often don't get home until 6:30 or later. I have never been a night person and I run out of steam by 8:00. So I may check in in the evening, but I often don't.

I still post in the Beginner's forum Dailies thread fairly regularly, but with the loss of NRR I seldom wander into the other forums. It just isn't the same. And my attention is also diluted by belonging to a couple of RR and one sort-of-NRR FB forums. (I had noticed your absence from the latter, AR, and wondered if you just dealing with busyness like me.)

I hope this ramble doesn't sound like a list of complaints, that wasn't the intent. But if others are as occupied by 'Life,' I can understand why it isn't busier here. But don't go away, friends! Just post when you can.
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:08 pm

Thanks for the thoughtful response poppy. You said it well. Like you, I will post when I can.
I too enjoy the word association. Hope you all have a wonderful week.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:10 pm

Anotherrun wrote:
Thanks for the thoughtful response poppy.  You said it well.  Like you, I will post when I can.  
I too enjoy the word association.   Hope you all have a wonderful week.
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:12 pm

Oh, and stop working so hard! You made me tired reading about your schedule. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Spunkybubbles5

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:37 pm

I'm thinking ya'll need to check the members only forum. I posted a very serious question over there that I want answers too!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:56 pm

Here are pictures of the quilt I made for GS2 and his soon to be born baby sister.  The little pile of fabric by the pink quilt is burp cloths, something I have made for all the little urpers.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:44 pm

Anotherrun wrote:

Here are pictures of the quilt I made for GS2 and his soon to be born baby sister.  The little pile of fabric by the pink quilt is burp cloths, something I have made for all the little urpers.

Very nice! You are a gifted artist.
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:42 am

Thanks poppy.
Back to top Go down
RSX

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:12 am

Nice quilts. You're very talented.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:47 am

Anotherrun wrote:

Gorgeous! very talented!

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:49 am

Nazaretti wrote:
[crickets]

Where is HTR?

I had virus problems with this site. But the malicious ads are gone. Never clicked on them but my computer got locked.
I logged on today and didn't get any pop-ups from my virus protection.

How are you Naz?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread   

Back to top Go down

Topics That You Don't Want To Start A New Thread-Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2