Mostly Not Running Related
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mostly Not Running Related

MNRR is for runners, cyclists or whatever your sport. Pull up a chair, New members welcome!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing

Go down 
+4
Banana!!
Nazaretti
BIS
HonkyTonkRunner
8 posters
AuthorMessage
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing Empty
PostSubject: RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing   RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing EmptyTue May 31, 2016 7:20 pm

I think it's absolutely absurd if a person has not gone through the surgical changes to share a bathroom or shower (as in the schools) with the opposite gender.

I wouldn't want my daughter sharing a bathroom with a male in her school because all he needs is a note from his parents stating he has a gender crisis.

Who's to say the male is not some perv and has a wacky father who will write him the note.

Besides schools, I feel the same.

It's gone too far.
Back to top Go down
https://nrrishere.forumotion.com
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing   RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing EmptyTue May 31, 2016 7:48 pm

I wouldn't want my son sharing a public bathroom with a pedophile priest. Transgender people have been using public restrooms for many years. It hasn't really been an issue that I know of. My feeling is that now it is being used as a political distraction and pulpit to rally support for the right.

If a woman identifies as a man, dresses and looks like a man she should use the womens room?

If a man has successfully changed his appearance and anyone on the street would thing she is a woman he should use the mens room?

Personally I think it's all much to do about nothing. I think trans people already have enough extra battles in their life. As far as I know trans people are not any more predatory than anyone else.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing   RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing EmptyTue May 31, 2016 7:55 pm

BIS wrote:
I wouldn't want my son sharing a public bathroom with a pedophile priest. Transgender people have been using public restrooms for many years. It hasn't really been an issue that I know of. My feeling is that now it is being used as a political distraction and pulpit to rally support for the right.

If a woman identifies as a man, dresses and looks like a man she should use the womens room?

If a man has successfully changed his appearance and anyone on the street would thing she is a woman he should use the mens room?

Personally I think it's all much to do about nothing. I think trans people already have enough extra battles in their life. As far as I know trans people are not any more predatory than anyone else.

I'm not saying they're predatory and I understand they have their own battles.
I disagree if a woman looks, identifies, dresses like a man and vice versa should be permitted to use a bathroom of the same gender.
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing   RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing EmptyTue May 31, 2016 8:00 pm

So how does it work when a woman that looks like a man to everyone around enteres the ladies room and vice versa? Wouldn't you be worried just the same about safety?
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing   RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing EmptyTue May 31, 2016 8:11 pm

I think it is much ado about nothing.
Back to top Go down
Banana!!

Banana!!

PostSubject: Re: RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing   RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 8:49 am

When someone gives me proof that transgender people are, or are more likely to be, pedophiles or sexually assaultive, then I'll worry. The whole thing is stupid. You telling me they're going to pass crapper laws and that that the police are going to patrol them and arrest people for using one over another? Cop: Excuse me ma'am. Not to hurt your feelings, but you have man hands and are rather homely. Please drop your panties and show me your birth certificate so that I can make sure you're in the correct bathroom facility and that you're not some creepy child loving pedophile. Relatively speaking, it wasn't that long ago that black people weren't allowed in certain places, many times the same reasoning was used. "Black men will rape our white daughters".
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing   RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 9:12 am

I don't know what to think about this. We have shared bathrooms at work. (I work for the US government). It does make me mad when I have to put the seat down. But that is way better than having to dry piss off of it.

and the only time I have EVER been attacked, it was on the street/sidewalk. FWIW, It was a creepy male looking male.
Back to top Go down
Capt Awesome

Capt Awesome

PostSubject: Re: RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing   RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 1:21 pm

In public restrooms, if a man identifies as a woman, dresses and looks like a woman, they're going to get their ass kicked if they use the mens restroom... many places in America aren't quite as progressive or open-minded as we'd like to think. In school... exactly the same. Bullying is rampant enough as it is with the immaturity of today's youth, you'd feel more comfortable with some poor kid getting beaten, possibly killed, just because they were forced to use a certain bathroom where they're sitting in a walled cubicle anyway?
Back to top Go down
BurlGirl

BurlGirl

PostSubject: Re: RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing   RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 1:50 pm

Agreed (about political divergence).

Transgender people should be able to use the bathroom with which they identify.

Why don't we just take down the gender walls, and we all use the same bathroom? Wouldn't we all be "safer"?

Frankly, I'm tired of people using "safety" as an excuse for predjudice. Whose safety are we really concerned about? Apparently not the safety of the trans-gender person. As Capt Awesome stated, the woman identifying as a man walking into the ladies room - and Mrs. Smith's husband standing outside waiting for his wife, might be upset about the "man" that just walked in after his wife. Hmmmm....
I personally have some Trans-gender friends, and I would certainly not expect them to use the bathroom that matches their birth identity. AWKWARD...

Oh, and guess what? I HAVE been assaulted in the womens bathroom by a man. He was drunk and looking for a good time. If this were to happen in the near future - would I have to ask him/her to show me their genitals so that I could determine whether he belonged in the ladies room or not?
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing   RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 4:38 pm

What about the schools? (my main concern).

I would not feel comfortable with a man using the showers in the girls locker room because he thinks he's a woman, or should be one.

All he needs is a note from his parent(s) that he has a gender identity crisis.
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing   RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 4:53 pm

I have worked on dozens of schools. The new ones don't have group showers and the old ones we remove them because they are not used. I think for a host of reasons requiring students to shower is a thing of the past. I am sure TG people would not want to publicly display themselves anyway.

When I was in middle school we were forced by the gym teacher to get naked and shower. At that stage kids are in different stages of development. It was awful for some kids. In high school most did not shower. It was optional. Oh and the middle school gym teacher was a woman...
Back to top Go down
Banana!!

Banana!!

PostSubject: Re: RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing   RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 7:43 pm

HottieTrunk, do you really think it's going to be commonplace for a "perv" boy to fake wanting to be a girl, having to endure the bullying and negative attention that it will bring, just so he can shower in the girl's locker room? What's this boy's motivation for faking that? Too see boobs and hiney? Surely he's heard of the internet where there's boobs a plenty and a cornucopia of cooters to look at.
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing   RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 7:49 pm

"Cooters"?
RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing 1887322239 Banana, Thank you for the trip down slang lane.
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing   RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 1:36 pm

Banana!! wrote:
HottieTrunk, do you really think it's going to be commonplace for a "perv" boy to fake wanting to be a girl, having to endure the bullying and negative attention that it will bring, just so he can shower in the girl's locker room? What's this boy's motivation for faking that? Too see boobs and hiney? Surely he's heard of the internet where there's boobs a plenty and a cornucopia of cooters to look at.

Good point. But I believe it would be awkward for the girls to see a weenie dog in the locker room.
Back to top Go down
Capt Awesome

Capt Awesome

PostSubject: Re: RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing   RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 4:31 pm

HonkyTonkRunner wrote:
Banana!! wrote:

Good point. But I believe it would be awkward for the girls to see a weenie dog in the locker room.

Probably 99% of students don't shower in the locker room after gym class. I'd guess most never remove their underwear, simply changing their school clothes for gym clothes and back again. I'd expect the enormous stigma that remains and will likely remain for the forseeable future regarding transgender would prevent them from removing their underwear and risk the ensuing embarrassment and inevitable bullying.
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing   RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 5:00 pm

Capt Awesome wrote:
HonkyTonkRunner wrote:
Banana!! wrote:

Probably 99% of students don't shower in the locker room after gym class. I'd guess most never remove their underwear, simply changing their school clothes for gym clothes and back again. I'd expect the enormous stigma that remains and will likely remain for the forseeable future regarding transgender would prevent them from removing their underwear and risk the ensuing embarrassment and inevitable bullying.  

Exactly. Here are a couple articles from 20 years ago talking about how school showers are a thing of the past. In the new schools we build we don't even install showers anymore. In the old buildings with them they are removed to repurpose. Girls are not being subjected to naked males in the girls locker room. If we're going to get upset about something let's talk about the high number of sexual assaults by straight men every year on campuses. That's a legitimate concern. Rich white boy rapes an unconscience woman and gets 6 months in county jail. Asshole Brock Turner.

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/04/22/us/students-still-sweat-they-just-don-t-shower.html

http://articles.latimes.com/1996-09-25/news/ls-52059_1_high-school/2
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing   RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 7:23 pm

Wow. I just read the 12 page letter the victim wrote to Brock Turner. Very moving. My mind will take some time to process that.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing   RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 7:45 pm

BIS wrote:
Capt Awesome wrote:
HonkyTonkRunner wrote:
Banana!! wrote:

Exactly. Here are a couple articles from 20 years ago talking about how school showers are a thing of the past. In the new schools we build we don't even install showers anymore. In the old buildings with them they are removed to repurpose. Girls are not being subjected to naked males in the girls locker room. If we're going to get upset about something let's talk about the high number of sexual assaults by straight men every year on campuses. That's a legitimate concern. Rich white boy rapes an unconscience woman and gets 6 months in county jail. Asshole Brock Turner. Ditto on the father and the judge.

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/04/22/us/students-still-sweat-they-just-don-t-shower.html

http://articles.latimes.com/1996-09-25/news/ls-52059_1_high-school/2
Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing   RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 2:33 am

Anotherrun wrote:
Wow.  I just read the 12 page letter the victim wrote to Brock Turner.  Very moving.  My mind will take some time to process that.  

Yea. I cried reading it. I hope her strength and courage can effect at lest some change.

I struggle with people like Brock that can operate void of reason or empathy. Isn't that the definition of a psychopath?
Back to top Go down
Banana!!

Banana!!

PostSubject: Re: RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing   RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 4:20 pm

BIS wrote:
Anotherrun wrote:
Wow.  I just read the 12 page letter the victim wrote to Brock Turner.  Very moving.  My mind will take some time to process that.  

Yea. I cried reading it. I hope her strength and courage can effect at lest some change.

I struggle with people like Brock that can operate void of reason or empathy. Isn't that the definition of a psychopath?

The apple didn't fall far from the tree in that family. The father wrote the judge saying the psychological trauma his son is going through now (depression and anxiety) is a high price to pay for 20 minutes of indiscretion. I'd like to invite him over to have a talk. Out behind my barn.
Back to top Go down
Banana!!

Banana!!

PostSubject: Re: RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing   RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 4:54 pm

I love this little girl!!

Back to top Go down
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing   RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 5:17 pm

That was worth the watch. Thanks Banana!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing   RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing Empty

Back to top Go down

RANT: Transgender Bathroom/Shower Sharing
Page 1 of 1