Mostly Not Running Related
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mostly Not Running Related

MNRR is for runners, cyclists or whatever your sport. Pull up a chair, New members welcome!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone In Training?

Go down 
+2
BIS
HonkyTonkRunner
6 posters
AuthorMessage
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

Anyone In Training? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone In Training?   Anyone In Training? EmptyMon May 23, 2016 9:32 pm

I'm entertaining the thought of a 5 mile run around a local lake in honor of the death of a Navy SEAL. June 24.
It's cutting it close to my daughter's graduation party, as in only 2 days before.

What are you training for?
Back to top Go down
https://nrrishere.forumotion.com
BIS

BIS

PostSubject: Re: Anyone In Training?   Anyone In Training? EmptyMon May 23, 2016 10:57 pm

Just getting rid of fat. No event planned. I would like to get back into trail running at some point.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Anyone In Training?   Anyone In Training? EmptyTue May 24, 2016 6:00 am

Runners World 10K in October, but really I run because I enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Anyone In Training?   Anyone In Training? EmptyTue May 24, 2016 7:50 am

4 Bridges HM Chattanooga in October. Might get in a 5k between now and then.
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Anyone In Training?   Anyone In Training? EmptyTue May 24, 2016 7:59 am

just signed up last night for a September HM. (yikes) I haven't run a race in almost 2 years.
signed up with my step daughter. It is in Wisconsin. What WAS I thinking?
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Anyone In Training?   Anyone In Training? EmptyTue May 24, 2016 9:32 am

Anotherrun wrote:
just signed up last night for a September HM.  (yikes)  I haven't run a race in almost 2 years.
signed up with my step daughter.  It is in Wisconsin.   What WAS I thinking?  

Let me guess; step daughter said something like, "There's a HM in fill-in-the-blank.  What to run it with me?" And your automatic response was, "Sure.  Sounds like fun!"   Replace 'step daughter' with 'son,' and that's how I get myself in trouble.  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Anotherrun

Anotherrun

PostSubject: Re: Anyone In Training?   Anyone In Training? EmptyTue May 24, 2016 9:35 am

nearly word for word...
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Anyone In Training?   Anyone In Training? EmptyTue May 24, 2016 9:41 am

Anotherrun wrote:
nearly word for word...

Anyone In Training? 1226182707
Back to top Go down
HonkyTonkRunner

HonkyTonkRunner

PostSubject: Re: Anyone In Training?   Anyone In Training? EmptyTue May 24, 2016 11:51 am

Anotherrun wrote:
just signed up last night for a September HM.  (yikes)  I haven't run a race in almost 2 years.
signed up with my step daughter.  It is in Wisconsin.   What WAS I thinking?  

What you ARE thinking is awesome!
Back to top Go down
https://nrrishere.forumotion.com
BurlGirl

BurlGirl

PostSubject: Re: Anyone In Training?   Anyone In Training? EmptyWed May 25, 2016 9:29 am

I signed up for an Ironman in November. Not sure what I was thinking at the time other than scratching it off the bucket list.

I am finding it difficult to make my life revolve around working out. I was completely happy when I was "just running". I keep telling myself that there is less than 6 months left of this chaos - and then back to life as "normal" again.
Back to top Go down
Nazaretti

Nazaretti

PostSubject: Re: Anyone In Training?   Anyone In Training? EmptyWed May 25, 2016 9:55 am

BurlGirl wrote:
I signed up for an Ironman in November.  Not sure what I was thinking at the time other than scratching it off the bucket list.

I am finding it difficult to make my life revolve around working out.  I was completely happy when I was "just running".  I keep telling myself that there is less than 6 months left of this chaos - and then back to life as "normal" again.

Ironman as in absurd distances of swim, bike and run? Where is it? You are hard core, BG!
Back to top Go down
BurlGirl

BurlGirl

PostSubject: Re: Anyone In Training?   Anyone In Training? EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 1:56 pm

Nazaretti - My husband and I signed up to do Ironman - Panama City, FL.

The problem that I forsee, is that it gets dark early about mid-September, and unless you're crazy, people don't swim in the lakes much after Labor Day. SO, about 2 months, of pool swimming and cycle trainer at the tail-end of the trianing. That is gonna stink!!!
Back to top Go down
Poppy Ott

Poppy Ott

PostSubject: Re: Anyone In Training?   Anyone In Training? EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 2:10 pm

BurlGirl wrote:
Nazaretti - My husband and I signed up to do Ironman - Panama City, FL.

The problem that I forsee, is that it gets dark early about mid-September, and unless you're crazy, people don't swim in the lakes much after Labor Day.  SO, about 2 months, of pool swimming and cycle trainer at the tail-end of the trianing.  That is gonna stink!!!

So, absurd swim distance accompanied by bloody awful cold. Anyone In Training? 2085775158
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone In Training?   Anyone In Training? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone In Training?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mostly Not Running Related :: NRR Refugees :: General Discussion-
Jump to: